WaterAid - We are an international non governmental organisation with a mission to transform lives by improving access to safe water, improved hygiene and sanitation in the world's poorest communities.
We seek high calibre professionals to play leading roles in our mission to transform lives with safe water sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities in the capacity:
Job Title: Human Resources & Organizational Development Officer
Contract type: Full time, 2-4 years fixed term ( renewable)
Reports to: Head of People and Organisational Development
Travel: 20% ( local and international)
- WaterAid Nigeria has recently completed its 2016-2021 country programme strategy which sets a 5 year building block towards delivering a more influencing led programme over a 15 year horizon.
- This new country strategy rather than reflect a progression from previous country programme strategies, outlines key shifts in focus required to catalyse change and achieve maximum impact for our work in Nigeria.
- The POD department will focus its attention on performing a catalytic role in supporting the rest of the CP in effectively and efficiently delivering the strategy goals .
- The spheres of support envisaged include human resources management (recruitment, orientation, performance management, compensation management, internal change management etc); management of the front desk, general office facilities and services management; procurement, security and staff safety, logistics and travel management etc and continuous improvements to CP structure, processes and systems (ways of working).
- Beyond the support to internal customers and in line with the influencing led focus of the strategy, it is envisaged that the POD department will play a strong role in delivering wider WASH sector organisational development interventions, support to the CP in managing the building blocks towards attaining self governance status, focus on Organisational Development support to current collaborators and partner in the WASH sector beyond delivery of services.
- To support the HPOD in day-to-day HR operations and implementation of WaterAid stipulated health & safety procedures within the Country Programme; the jobholder will also provide Organisational Development support to partners.
- It is expected that 70% of the jobholder’s time will be given to HR and Health & Safety issues in the CP, while 30% will be for partner OD support.
- Maintain and update filing systems for all staff HR files and documents including sensitive staff documents
- HR & OD activities, including compilation and filing of confidential staff records.
- Support the HPOD in correspondences and filing of same and documenting staff changes (i.e. increments, relocation etc.).
- Support in CP recruitments e.g. invitations, logistic support to candidates, organizing venues for written and oral interviews, etc.
- Coordinate the induction of newly recruited staff, process staff ID card, issue WaterAid policy documents, pre-employment medical clearance and support newly recruited staff in processing entitlements e.g. relocation allowance.
- Provide working tools for newly recruited staff e.g. work space, computer, manuals, etc.
- Coordinate staff registrations for medical insurance, ensure timely renewal of same and serve as liaison between the Organisation and service provider
- Process all other insurance policies, including renewals (e.g. GP, Life Insurance, Workmen Compensation and International Travel insurance policies) for CP staff
- Coordinate staff celebrations (birthday, wedding, send forth, etc.) in consultations with the HPOD
- Generate the annual leave roster, process leave requests and register absence (illness or other), as well as provide the HPOD with timely feedback on leave requests and issues requiring attention and advise line managers of pending staff leave as detailed in annual leave roster
- Provide support in documenting the Annual Staff Development plans and follow up with CP staff for post training reports
- Provide support in coordinating annual staff retreats, team away days & such meetings
- Support the HPOD in organisational development of partners, including capacity assessments, generating reports, development of annual OD plans for partners and capacity development activities for partners
- Support in coordinating capacity building of WaterAid partners to ensure capacity for applying WaterAid standard administrative and financial procedures, as well as other identified capacity gaps
- Support in the periodic review and evaluation of assessment tools and techniques for partner OD
- Degree in a HR related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years working in a HR management role Demonstrable expertise with managing recruitment, basic HR documentation processes, benefits administration and payroll
- Basic knowledge of HR best practice
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of discretion and ability to manage information of a confidential/sensitive nature
- Strong knowledge, understanding and application of employment law
- Experience of Partner OD support
- Strong IT skills particularly MS Word, Excel and Outlook, with experience of using HR databases, online recruitment tools and Intranets
- Analytical and numeracy skills, to produce and distill accurate information
- Strong communication skills in written and oral English
Application Closing Date
- Membership of professional HR Body (e.g. CIPMN, CIPD or its equivalent)
- Experience of working with partner organisations in the international development sector
23rd February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an expression of interest letter and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The submission must indicate position title as subject/in the subject line of the email.
Click Here to View Job Descriptions (pdf)
To apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nigeria