The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Christ the Cornerstone Worship Center, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant will be responsible for analyzing, processing and inputting accounting data to produce accurate and timely financial results while ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitoring and maintaining the Church's accounting systems.
- Prepare/review and record monthly journal entries as required to produce accurate financial reports.
- Supervise monthly accounting closing. Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements for all funds. Prepare special reports for Finance/Treasury Committee Meetings and other presentations.
- Review financial statements and general ledgers for significant variances from budget. Research causes and report findings to management.
- Supervise donor contribution and other cash receipts processing.
- Maintain Non-Cash Gift files. Coordinate recording of gift and entry to general ledger.
- Develop and maintain Accounting procedures for all areas of the Finance Department.
- Assist with annual budget preparation, annual audit, and other projects as directed.
- Prepare/review monthly account reconciliations and recurring journal entries.
- Prepare Weekly Cash reports for Pastorate
- Prepare Annual Cash Forecast for Operating fund and weekly reports against that forecast. 12. Maintain working knowledge of all Finance areas (A/P, A/R, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Contributions and Cash Receipts) and assist during any vacancies in these areas.
- Perform other accounting duties as workload requires.
Application Closing Date
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a Business course required.
- Previous 2-5 years' work experience in Accounting, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Experience in financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Experience with automated accounting systems.
- Ability to maintain and protect church confidential and proprietary information.
- High level of interpersonal relationship skills essential when working with other groups, ministry and staff members.
- Ministry-minded focus with the ability to cultivate a team spirit within the Finance ministry and the church.
- Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Above average ability to be flexible, organize, manage time and set/shift priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement ministry- and church-related, short- and long-range goals, as well as to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software.
20th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letter to: email@example.com
using the position as the subject line of your mail.