Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Franchise Clinical and Training Officer
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
Working with and reporting to Regional Manager, the Social Franchise Clinical and Training Officer will be responsible for the mapping, facility audit, selection, trainings, undertaking supportive supervision, distribution of equipment and FP commodities, ensuring adherence to MSI quality standards in assigned specific states etc.
Facility Identification, Recruitment and Provider Training:
- Implements MSN and SF policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals;
- Conducts mapping and facility audit of clinics to be recruited for BlueStar network membership;
- Work proactively and responsibly to ensure recruited franchisees undergo the theoretical and practical training in line with MSN Standards;
- Request budget, notify franchisees of training, oversee training, prepares both physical and financial report following completion of the training etc.
- Ensures Social Franchising Programme is implemented according to the approved donor agreements and interest of MSION
- Prepares his/her annual plan of operation based on the annual business Plan of MSION;
Supply, Referral Systems and Networking:
- Lead distribution of supplies, commodities and manage collection of cash on supply of items, in line with the medical supply distribution guideline.
- Ensure the availability of documentation, reporting, referral formats, guidelines, manuals and job aids used by franchised clinics in adequate quantity and track referral linkages of service utilization;
- Facilitate, follow up and support franchisees’ referral and reporting of incidents related to franchised services;
- Facilitate liaison of franchised clinics with other institutions for demand generation, training practicum, linking and learning
Monitoring, Supportive Supervision and Reporting:
- Conducts monthly or bi-monthly supportive supervision of franchisees
- Support franchised clinics in clinical documentation, record keeping and ensures timely submission of reports.
- Keep track of franchisee performance on a monthly basis on Key SF indicators and use that to inform support to these franchisee and track their performance trend
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly franchisees performance reports on training and quality assessment activities of SF operation in assigned states;
- Ensure franchisees maintain and comply quality across all areas of SF Operation in line with established standards set by government and MSI.
- Lead reviews meetings aimed at performance improvement based on supportive supervision, mentorship and quality assessments findings
- Documents best practices and /lessons learned from MSN’s SF operation
- Results orientation
- Commitment to personal development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by line manager and the social franchise channel lead
- Diploma or Degree in Clinical Nursing or Midwifery
- Extensive knowledge and experience in FP service delivery, supportive supervision and quality assessment (Experience in long acting and permanent FP service delivery preferred)
- 3-5 years demonstrated technical knowledge and successful expertise in designing, managing clinical training in resource poor settings. Experience of LAPM would be a plus.
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- Excellent communications, presentation and negotiation skills. Ability to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts franchisees to join the network.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience of working with private healthcare sector operators is desirable;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Willingness to frequently travel to project implementation sites;
Application Closing Date
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop Willingness to travel as requested
3rd March 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.