Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes Internationals Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MS-Ladies, State Supervisor
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
- This position is vital to the success of the MS Ladies operations at the field level. The post holder will ensure the MS Ladies are mentored, monitored and adequately supported to increase efficiency and productivity.
- S/he will also oversee their certification and ensure MSI quality standard are followed and provides monthly progress report (including MIS data) to the RM and MS Ladies coordinator.
- Working with and reporting to the Regional Manager in the assigned region, the MS Ladies supervisor will be responsible for the mapping, facility audit, selection, trainings, undertaking supportive supervision, distribution of equipment and FP commodities, ensuring adherence to MSI quality standards in assigned specific states etc.
The core responsibility of this post is to use your:
- Initiative, Energy, Persistence, Results orientation, Drive, Integrity, Enthusiasm, Commitment to personal development, to further MSIs partnership mission: enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Facility Identification, Recruitment and Provider Training:
- Implements MSION and MS Ladies procedures, guidelines and operation manuals;
- Conduct mapping and facility audit of clinics to be recruited for MS Ladies channel.
- Work proactively and responsibly to ensure recruited MS Ladies undergo the theoretical and practical training in line with MSI Standards;
- Prepare budget, notify MS Ladies of training, oversee training, and produce post training reports.
- Ensure MS Ladies Programme is implemented according to the approved donor agreements and interest of MSION;
- Prepares his/her annual plan of operation based on the annual business Plan of MSION;
Supply, Referral Systems and Networking:
- Lead distribution of supplies, commodities and manage collection of cash on supply of items, in line with the medical supply distribution guideline.
- Ensure the availability of documentation, reporting, referral formats, guidelines, manuals and job aids used by MS Ladies in adequate quantity and track referral linkages of service utilization;
- Facilitate, follow up and support MS Ladies referral and reporting of incidents related to services;
- Facilitate liaison of MS Ladies sites with other institutions for demand generation, training practicum, linking and learning
Monitoring and Supportive Supervision:
- Develop work plan and conducts monthly or bi-monthly supportive supervision of MS Ladies;
- Support MS Ladies in clinical documentation, record keeping and ensures timely submission of reports.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly MS Ladies performance reports on training and quality assessment activities of MS Ladies operation in assigned states;
- Ensure MS Ladies maintain and comply quality across all areas of channel Operation in line with established standards set by government and MSI.
- Lead reviews meetings aimed at performance improvement based on supportive supervision, mentorship and quality assessments findings
- Documents best practices and /lessons learned from MSIONs MS Ladies operation
Data reporting and Quality of Narrative Reports:
- Ensure accurate disaggregation of MIS data by sex and age where applicable
- Complete reporting of MIS data
- Prepare analytical monthly, quarterly and annual reports highlighting all KPIs.
- Manage and report financial, clinical and service numbers as recorded within the reporting period.
- Document all human-interest stories and report same on monthly and quarterly basis
- Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered or received from other partners
- Reconcile all the underlying Daily Activity Logs to the Weekly Report and Monthly Report, ensuring they have been correctly compiled
MS Ladies Performance Management and Procurement:
- Monitor monthly MS Ladies performance on KPI(CYPs and income against targets) in the supported state in collaboration with the channel coordinator and develop appropriate action plan
- Be responsible for all logistical requirements needed for all services and plan to prevent unnecessary stock outs and wastage in the service location
- Liase with the Regional Manager on all regional activities.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to MSION mission and goals.
- Ensure that a high level of communication is maintained with MSION team as well as with external partners and MSI
- Encourage a positive culture, work environment and attitude among all MS Ladies s
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Any other duty reasonably assigned by line manager
- Diploma or degree in Clinical Nursing or Midwifery
- Extensive knowledge and experience in FP service delivery, supportive supervision and quality assessment; (Experience in long acting and permanent FP service delivery preferred)
- 3-5 years demonstrated technical knowledge and successful expertise in designing, managing clinical trainings in resource poor settings. Experience of LAPM would be a plus.
- Experience of DfiD, USAID, Gates funded projects, including working in a diverse team environment preferred
- Familiarity with the different cultural, social and religious identities in Nigeria, international health, development issues and the international donor community
- Excellent communications, presentation and negotiation skills. Ability to 'sell' the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts entrepreneurial providers to join the network.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
Attitude / Motivation:
Application Closing Date
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop Willingness to travel as requested
Friday, 3rd March 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.