Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the Oil and Gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crane Operator & Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)
Req I D: Req-1084
Scope of the work:
- Crane Operator undertakes all types of crane lifting operations inboard and outboard following standard during all FPSO activities and operations.
He is responsible:
- For the safe and efficient operation of the various cranes located on the FPSO.
- For safety and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, containers, pipe, systems, stores and various materials and supplies utilized in the operations and daily functions of the FPSO.
- This includes offloading and back-loading of equipment and cargoes from supply vessels, as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the FPSO.
- In exceptional situation and upon request of the site’s RSES, personnel transfer by FROG might be requested to be performed.
- Acts as HLO
- He prepares and verifies all lifting equipment prior lifting operations (condition and certification).
- He carries out the lifting operations on board the FPSO according to site’s procedures.
- He supervises the safe slinging and rigging of equipment.
- He performs FPSO lifting equipment maintenance (1st level) including the cable change.
- He receives and transfers cargoes from/to supply vessels.
- He maintains safe crane operations as per company and manufacturers procedures/guidelines within the crane’s capabilities.
- He must be knowledgeable in all facets of crane operations and safety procedures.
- He supports the lifting certification inspector during lifting equipment certification.
- He monitors and assesses work environment, including weather conditions.
- He carries out a daily visual inspection of the cranes and associated equipment (wires, hoist, etc...).
- He participates to FPSO lifting equipment maintenance activities above first level.
- He is entitles to stop any crane lifting for safety reasons (weather conditions, etc...).
- He reports on basis a daily, weekly, monthly FPSO the deck activities to the Marine Operation Manager (MOM)
- He fills crane operator log book.
- He recovers data to perform activity and maintenance reports.
- He acts as Helicopter Landing Officer and is in charge of refuelling operations.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in lifting operations is required, with 2 years at the level stage 3 as minimum.
- Crane operator (level OPITO 3 or equivalent) with man-riding certification. + Experience for driving Liebher crane with Knuckle boom.
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry is required (working in hazardous area, ATEX concept).
- Fluent in English
- He plans and calculates load capacities to ensure that all cargoes are lifted within the safe lifting parameters of cranes.
Application Closing Date
- E&I COMMISSIONING, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Operations, Production.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online