At Byteworks, we are experts with a high-touch approach to IT solutions. We pride ourselves in working directly with our customers to build a relationship and fully understand your needs. We are approachable and honest. We invest time into each of our projects to recommend the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions to ensure we exceed your expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for the performance, integrity and security of a database.
- They will also be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- Establishing the needs of users and monitoring user access and security.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users.
- Refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model.
- Further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Installing and testing new versions of the Database Management Systems.
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Working closely with Software Developers, Technology Support and project managers.
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customising existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
Application Closing Date
- 2-4 Years experience
- Technical Expertise i.e. Data Models, Database Design Development e.t.c
- Knowledge of Statistics and experience in using statistical packages for analytics.
- Adept at Queries, report writing and presentation.
- First Class or Second Class Upper Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or Management Information.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com