Capax 360, is currently recruiting on behalf of its client, an FMCG company, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Corporate Affairs
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- The Head of Corporate Affairs will be responsible for Supporting, advising and challenging management on Integrated Regulations, Communications and Corporate Affairs matters.
- He/She will develop a cohesive corporate philosophy for the company to attain the highest level of corporate image and positive reputation, deploy and implement workable global best practises administrative policies for the Group and will also manage external company vendors in the overall interest of the Group.
- To manage Sponsorship / donation activities and ensure delivery of the maximum positive impact on the consuming public.
- To maintain good press relations and follow-up legal issues and to provide guidance and ensure that the corporate image of the company is protected and adequately projected.
- To develop and execute in conjunction with commercial management new ways of maximising and enhancing strategy through non-paid for media.
- To construct and maintain dialogue with public decision makers, government agencies and non-governmental organisations.
- To advise management on content of employee communications. Develop and manage message creation and delivery to employees.
- Managing team and individual performance through regular reviews, monitoring objectives and ensuring development needs are identified and actioned.
Qualifications / Experience
- Peruse all publications about the Company prior to being published
- Maintain cordial relations with media operators (electronic and print)
- Oversee the maintenance of good public image for the organisation
- To select and commission appropriate media agencies for maximum outreach
- Ensure registration, renewal of the Company’s trademarks and copyrights.
- Ensure best corporate practices are implemented in accordance with relevant laws
- Regular meetings with government agencies e.g. Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and trademarks registry
- Prepare and review event agendas with the commercial SBU
- Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of personnel, subcontractors and vendors as required to successfully execute assigned events
- Renewal of Royalty and Technical Service Agreements with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP)
- Determine the most effective/appropriate non-paid for media channel to utilise
- Formulate strategy on the use of non-paid media
- Prepare publicity campaign briefs for the selected non-paid media channel
- Monitor all competitor’s non-paid media efforts
- Facilitate the commissioning of media placement schedule for radio and press campaigns as well
- Create an effective PR budget for the non-paid media sources in the area of cash/products gifts
- Prepare publicity campaign briefs for appropriate non-paid for media
- Formulate the vision and mission of the company’s charitable foundation
- Formulate the operational strategies, guidelines and scope of the company’s charitable Foundation
- Prepare the schedule for yearly operations of the company’s charitable foundation
- Coordinate the activities for the formal launch of the company’s charitable foundation
- Prepare the budget for the company’s charitable foundation
- Capital projects development budgeting
- Drive the move to ensure sustainable growth for the company’s charitable foundation
- Organises Seminars, Exhibitions, Workshops and Presentations company's charitable foundation
- Provide leadership and drive for excellence by the company’s charitable foundation
- Organises and handles Media briefing and press conferences for the company’s charitable foundation
- To periodically run the company’s charitable foundations’ Advert of activities
- Maintain cordial relations with media operators
- Periodic briefing of the CEO and board of the activities of the company’s charitable foundation
- Deploy a sustainable Travel Management system with cost savings options
- Oversee management of the facilities – owned and rented and deploy best in practise processes
- Establish a liaison desk of the company in some key states of Nigeria to respond to matters concerning the company effectively
- Liaise with all relevant Federal Government Ministries and parastatals in the industry
- Act as a principal government contact and communications liaison with agencies and individuals (e.g. Royal visitors, foreign dignitaries, Heads of mission and Heads of post), elected officials (e.g. Senators, Commissioners), members of the public and others
- Respond promptly to questions or concerns of all matters regarding the company
- Advise the company on all matters of protocol, ceremonial and diplomatic policies, in relation to international practices and expectations
- Regularly and immediate update all immigration quota changes
- Prepare monthly immigration reports and submissions to regulatory authorities
- Monitor expatriate movement and ensure deletion with the authority
- Maintain close relationships with Nigerian embassies abroad and stakeholder countries in Nigeria especially for visas and approvals
- Employ strategy to notify employees of Corporate Social responsibility issues (CSR)
- Prepares and disseminates all advisory notices, press releases, speeches, reports etc.
- Set realistic yet challenging objectives throughout the year for both the team and each individual whilst making sure that the objectives are SMART
- Complete bi-annual and monthly informal reviews.
- Discuss lull in performance in a timely manner using the feedback method
- Identify skills gap and recommend for training (on-the-job)
- Introduce motivational schemes to drive the team to achieve success
- Ensure each team member is aware of the part they play in the achievement of business objectives
- Coach individual team members to support their development
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- 15 years minimum work experience
- Excellent PR skills
Application Closing Date
- Co-ordinates and ensures Planning and Organising of activities to achieve goals
- Gives full commitment to the Principles and Values of the organisation
- Has Commercial Orientation and an understanding of business issues
- Thinks more broadly about impact of actions - Analysis and Decision Making
- Embraces Innovation and Change to move the business forward
- Establishes Interacting and Communicating networks links within and outside the organisation
- Demonstrates Personal Qualities - Drive and Resilience for achieving agreed objectives
- Able to identify how to turn subordinate’s weaknesses into strength whilst managing people.
- Focuses on high quality standards when delivering results and customer Expectations.
30th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
with the subject "Head of Corporate Affairs".