Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs that have been taken through a rigorous selection process, testing the quality of their ideas and character, to become part of the Ashoka Fellowship and Network. Ashoka Fellows take on the challenges of building innovative system change ideas to make and spread social impact in a world wrought with challenges. They refuse to let the ‘impossible’ stand in their way to creating a better world.
About The Affiliated Organization
Neighbourhood Environnment Watch (NEW) Foundation, founded by Ashoka Fellow Kelechukwu Okezie, was formed to inspire actions that promote environmental sustainability, especially the forests and her resources. We introduce and link communities to their forest resources as an intrinsic web in mutual relationship. We identify vulnerable members of our communities and empower them with the knowledge and skills necessary to preserve the earth while caring for economically fruitful trees that we provide that will sustain tree-based livelihoods. Our innovation and ideas address climate change impacts, poverty reduction and improved food value chains.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Volunteer Grant Resource Officer
- Project Saving Forests While Providing Sustainable Livelihoods - Virtual or on-site in Abakaliki Nigeria with Neighbourhood Environnment Watch (NEW) Foundation
- We wish to secure grants for our Green Communities Reforestation project which aims to raise and plant 1 million trees in the next 5 years starting with 100,000 trees this year.
- We seek the support of an expert grant fund tracker or resource mobiliser who will help us mobilise the needed funds and respond to grant calls and proposals. Your work will be invaluable in helping ensure this project's success and sustainability. Please let us know today if you can help!
Desired Skills and Experience
- Estimated hours required per week: 4 hours per week
- The estimated duration of the project is: 6-12 months
- This position is On-site in Abakaliki Nigeria or Virtual
- The office can provide amenities to volunteers such as: Internet, Office space
- Grant / proposal writing and ability to track grants from donors portals and ICTs
- Responding to calls for proposals
- Must be proficient in English language with excellent communication and writing skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online