The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer - Cash Transfer Program
- Responsible for ensuring correct documentation and filling system (photocopying, scanning, updating lists, archiving) for the cash transfers to beneficiaries as per ICRC CTP procedures in Nigeria
- Ensure timely receipts of cash transfer reports from FSPs, compile the reports and reports on discrepancies, if any. Follow on the discrepancies and report accordingly.
- Facilitates funds transfer to beneficiaries which includes preparing Payment request (if advised), passing documentation to Finance for payments, and follow up with Finance and Financial Service Providers on relevant cash transfer
- Arranges meetings, prepare meeting minutes and disseminate minutes to all relevant stake holders.
- Follows up on eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the CTP.
- Provides support to the field teams for cash distributions, which may require frequent field travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance any other field.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or Fulani is an asset
- Previous experience of managing / handling cash transfers to beneficiaries under cash transfer program working for Logistics or Finance department, highly preferred.
- Strong experience of managing filling systems and record keeping.
- Minimum 1 year experience of managing logistics tasks in a large setup and good experience and or understanding of distributions and procurement.
- Minimum 1 year experience of dealing with Suppliers and Financial Service Providers, etc.
- PC literate: Good command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
Application Closing Date
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Willingness to learn
- Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic CTP procedures
26th May, 2017.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
Please clearly indicate “Logistics Officer CTP Abuja” as the subject of your application
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.