Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc - Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Customer Relations Officer
- To effectively coordinate the distribution of IBEDC’s customer bills and facilitate revenue collection.
- Meter reading and management of meter reading books
- Handling of service connection like application
- Detecting illegal service connection
- Reporting faulty/ defective meters
- Legalizing non-registered consumers
- Pursuing the collection of bad debts
- Disconnection/ reconnection
- Explaining estimated billings
- Explaining sensitive issues such as tariff changes
- Disseminating load shedding schedules
- Other commercial functions
Qualifications and Requirements
- Embarks on field trips to read customer meters for capture on approved billing/reading sheets and liaises with relevant departments to generate customer bills
- Distributes customer bills within required timeframe - ensures timely and effective distribution of customer bills
- Assist in meeting revenue targets for Business hubs - participates in revenue collection activities according to company policies and stipulated regulations to meet set revenue targets
- Escalates revenue leakage issues to the relevant departments when identified e.g. illegal connections, tampering of meters, etc.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Identifies prospective customers (unregistered customers, new businesses, etc.) and ensures they are adequately captured in the customer database
- Attends to customer queries/complaints on the field and escalates to proper channels to ensure such complaints are captured and addressed accordingly
- Keeps abreast of market trends and supplies management with insights on customer needs, problems, interests and innovative ways for service delivery
- Get customers both old and new on metering including the CAPMI scheme.
- A good Bachelor/OND or equivalent in any field. Social Sciences, Arts, Administration is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing role (esp. field based distribution) - Desired
- 1 - 3 years experience - Required
Application Closing Date
- Understanding of the business of IBEDC and related businesses in the electricity sector
- Strong Customer Relation Management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal, persuasion, negotiation and communications skills
- Knowledge of billing/collection practices, procedures
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite and relevant billing applications utilized by IBEDC
- Good analytical and numerical skills with the proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Goal Oriented.
4th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online