The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent medical aid organization based in Dakar, Senegal. ALIMA has three principal areas of expertise: providing medical care in humanitarian crises, supporting the development of national medical organizations, and conducting operational research to bring medical innovation to the field.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Administration Manager
Mission and Main Activities
Experience and Skills
- Is in charge of the program's administration, finance and Human resource. Together with the Program Managers, he/she is responsible for expenditure and compiles the budget tracking reports for each program. He/she also manages cash flow.
- Is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International).
- University Degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources
- Minimum 1 year experience in Finance & HR management
- Experience in a similar position for at least 1 year
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere (HR software) is highly appreciated
- Rigorous, stress resistant and good adaptation capacity
- Sense of organization, method and autonomy
- Adaptable and diplomatic
- Used to working in a team in multicultural contexts
- Skills in training and support
- English is mandatory (written, read, spoken), French and Hausa are an asset
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months, renewable
- Desired start date: 15 August 2017
- Duration of Mission: 06 months minimum, with possible extension
Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
Application Closing Date
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location accommodation costs medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee evacuation of the employee
19th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
using the position applied for as the subject of the email.
- Candidates should send their answers to the following questions (you’ll join a Word document):
- How do you place ALIMA in the NGO medical emergency landscape?
- Describe your experience on field administration in the humanitarian environment? Please explain what you liked about it/ did well and what were your difficulties.
- According to you, which are the challenges of this position in the context of Monguno in Nigeria.
- Please indicate your level both in English and French, written read spoken (scale between 1 and 10, 10 being native speaker).