The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Sous Chef
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Work with the head chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant policies and vision;
- Come up with new dishes which appeal to the clients whenever required;
- Establish the working schedule and organize the work in the kitchen;
- Produce high quality dishes that follows up with the established menu and level up to locations standard as well as clients requirement;
- Discover talented cook and train them to reach high standards of the outlet;
- Train other kitchen staff to provide best results in minimum with available resources;
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours;
- Create good menu for clients interested in contracting the food for different events (wedding, banquets, corporate functions, birthday parties etc.) from the kitchen;
- Make sure the hygienic and food safety standards are met in all stages of food
- B.Sc/HND in Catering and Hotel Management or other related field with at least Three (3) years relevant experience
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be highly customer oriented and be computer literate.
- Be ready to work longer hours and during holidays.
- Preparation starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished dish which leaves the kitchen;
- Carryout quality control and correct presentation of food;
- Control food cost within approved kitchen percentage;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)