Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. I am because we are" - the popular African proverb asserts. It also best describes our relationship with the continent of Africa over the last 20 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Area of work: Marketing
- The Interns4Afrika program offers talented young people a unique experience with a dynamic and agile technology organization on the African continent.
- You will work for 6 months with a Microsoft partner on real projects, collaborating and learning from your colleagues.
- Whether you’re aspiring for a future in sales, this is your chance to kick-start your future
- To give you the best chance of success 4 weeks of your internship will be dedicated to developing world class business and technical skills.
- We'll support you to rapidly develop your capabilities through the (virtual) classroom and the great work you will do.
- The competition for a place on Interns 4Afrika is tough but if you are entrepreneurial with a passion for technology, are keen to continue learning and have a flexible can-do attitude we want to hear from you. Join us today, and help shape the Africa of tomorrow.
- World-Class Skills is about Microsoft's plans to develop a self-sustaining, world-class education platform, both online and offline, to help Africans develop skills for entrepreneurship and improved employability and competitiveness.
- Microsoft, in partnership with the host organization, offer you a unique opportunity to kick start your career. The internship program will provide you with a real-world work experience and new skills while working for a leading technology organization on the African continent.
- If you are passionate about telling the Microsoft story to help people and businesses throughout the world to achieve more, then the Interns4Afrika marketing path could be right for you.
- If you follow the marketing path Microsoft and our partners will support you to capitalise on the opportunity technology presents to connect with customers in new ways, honing your communication skills and techniques to launch your marketing career.
- Our partners have a diverse range of marketing opportunities.
- Would you like to be an Advertising and Branding Junior Manager creating and delivering social media marketing campaigns.
- Or perhaps you would be interested in creating internal & external communication strategies as a Junior Marketing Strategist.
- Maybe your strong organization skills would be best used as a Junior Project Manager, supporting the execution of marketing plans for Microsoft products and services.
- Or perhaps a role as a Sales and Marketing Assistant will see you leading on the development of sales materials to convert prospective customers.
- If you are an avid marketer who wants to tell the world how technology can improve lives, then what are you waiting for...
We want to hear from you if:
- You are able to commit to completing full time internship for 6 months
- You are currently in education or have graduated from an Undergraduate or Postgraduate course within the last 12 months
- You have a BA/B.Sc in a Business related or IT degree
- You have right to work in the country in which you are currently located
A Marketing intern must have:
Application Closing Date
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very good organizational skills
- Persuasive and know how to negotiate well
- Must be good with numbers
- Should be hardworking
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Don’t forget to sell yourself on your application form and in your CV as the competition for this internship is tough!
- If you have already applied and wanted to change some information, please send an update to: y4Afrika@microsoft.com We won’t accept any new application through e-mail.
- Candidates who are currently doing National Youth Service will be disqualified