The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
We seek suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s station in Onne, Rivers State:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Officer
: Onne, Rivers
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Carryout monthly preparation of the station cash position, bank reconciliations and financial reports
- Monitor the station budget and analyse advance accounts, petty cash accounts, reimbursements, payments and any other accounts related with the operations of the office;
- Provide administrative, financial and logistical support to the Country Coordinator/Station Head;
- Liaise with the procurement officer, ensure that procurements and payments to local suppliers on behalf of the project are done expeditiously;
- Make travel arrangement for meetings, training and workshop for the national project team;
- Handle motor vehicle maintenance, service, supervise the driver and conduct general office administrative duties
- Keep inventory of office equipment and supplies;
- Handle telephone call/faxes, receive and assist visitors to the office;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related field with a minimum of Four (4) years’ experience performing same role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be familiar with grants and contracts administration in a non-profit organization.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skill including ability to write project and financial report.
- Be a team player accustomed to working in multicultural groups.
- Have good communication skills and willingness to travel.
Application Closing Date
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
26th July, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant's current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.