Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Worker
- The Operations Center Paris - OCP- Section of Medecins Sans Frontieres is recruiting for its project in Port Harcourt, Nigeria
- Since 2015, MSF is running a clinic in PHC dedicated to victims of rape and Sexual Violence.
- MSF is offering medical care, psychological and social support to victims.
- All services provided by MSF are free and MSF ensures full confidentiality for every patient.
- In collaboration with and in support of the clinic teams:
- Provide for immediate personal and social needs of victims for clothing, food, transportation.
- Provide information to victims regarding available social services and assist in accessing those services.
- Assist in identifying and implementing the appropriate options for victim protection on a case-by-case basis, when needed. Plan, deliver and engage in protection interventions as appropriate with children, minors, families, groups and organizations.
- Arrange and then serve as mediator between a victim and her/his family.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines/agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
Networks and Referrals:
- Develop, update and maintain a comprehensive social actor’s map of key networks, referral sources, protection and advocacy services and organizations.
- Evaluate different social welfare providers by developing evaluation criteria, designing forms for use in evaluation and conducting evaluation of structures, on-site services or material. Provide written recommendations to MTL and PC.
- Develop and actively maintain up-to-date referral procedures with relevant service providers.
- Deliver social work service in collaboration with other disciplines /agencies as required, in appropriate settings reflecting the needs of the victim.
- Liaise with MSF Outreach Officer regarding social actor mapping.
- Provide assistance for community based referrals from the outreach team, the outreach peer worker program and the outreach community volunteer program
- Formal, completed University Degree in social work will be preferenced
- Two years minimum in a similar social work position
- Experience working with NGO’s desirable.
- Excellent command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Essential, local pigin languages.
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Demonstrated ability to be empathic with and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Demonstrates experience of applying evidence based practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects and follow through with results.
- This recruitment is for 1 full-time positions on an indefinite contract.
- 208 working hours per month.
Application Closing Date
- Monthly Gross salary of 189,000 NGN (one hundred and eighty nine thousand Naira only) plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
17th July, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters, CV's and contact information to: email@example.com
Or in person to the "MSF Administration Office in Port Harcourt (“Application Box” green box at the gate)."
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the deadline above.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.