The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the worlds leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Driver/Field Assistant
Recruitment Type: National (1 year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Drive project Vehicle to convey authorized personnel;
- Ensure project vehicle complies with the minimum operating security standard (MOSS) as well as up to date vehicle document all the time;
- Participate in day to day maintenance of STMA project vehicle;
- Participate in collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items to project collaborators;
- Participate in general field activities;
- Perform any other duties as properly assigned by supervisor.
- O'Level with Minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing same role.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skill.
- Ability to speak more than one Nigeria language is an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant's current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcome applications from female candidates.