ICAP - A global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
Working hand-in-hand with individuals at every level of the health system - from patients to health care providers to government officials-ICAP is dedicated to delivering high-performing health system strengthening initiatives that provide quality and affordable health care. The organization tackles the world’s most pressing health threats and, in collaboration with partners around the world, implements transformative solutions to meet the health needs of individuals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Director (PD)
- The Project Director (PD) will provide strategic, programmatic, administrative and financial leadership for the CDC-funded project Conduct of National (Population-Based) HIV/AIDS Impact Survey (NAIS) in Nigeria.
- The PD will be the primary point of contact with CDC, regional and local government counterparts, and partner institutions and will foster partnerships and relationships between ICAP, CDC, and other stakeholders.
- The PD will work to ensure that program activities are completed on time, within budget, and in line with CDC requirements. Note: this position is contingent upon receipt of award and donor approval.
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of project activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Participate actively in the development of innovative approaches to population based surveys.
- Provide high-level guidance and oversight of the HIV impact survey being conducted by ICAP sub awardees.
- Lead the design of interventions while ensuring the quality and maximum sustainability of all initiatives through effective in-service training and capacity building programs.
- Lead the annual work planning process and contribute to planning meetings with the donor.
- Manage a diverse project team of qualified staff, aligning their efforts with project goals.
- Oversee all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance monitoring and evaluation.
- Drive use of data to track program quality, program outcomes and through targeted evaluations, assess programmatic impact on project goals, in partnership with SI Unit.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential problems, review outputs for quality control.
- Represent the project in all matters pertaining to the execution of project-related activities including interactions with the most senior levels representatives of partner institutions.
- Cultivate strategic relationships and alliances with the other USG partners and funders.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of project activities and results to the donor.
- Ensure that all donor reports, and project write ups, including but not limited to success stories and program briefs are data driven and articulate a compelling story.
- Present progress, achievements, and lessons learned to key stakeholders, including the donor, government officials, and other implementing partners.
- Prepare briefing documents on the project at the request of the donor or ministries of health.
- MD, PhD and/or advanced degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Community Health, Public Health, International Development or other related field.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Application Closing Date
- 10+ years’ experience in design and implementation of HIV programs/ related public health programs in the context of a developing country. Experience in sub-Saharan Africa required. Nigeria-based experience greatly preferred.
- Exhibit a high level of diplomacy while working with government partners at the national or regional levels in resource-constrained settings.
- Strong familiarity and command of USG regulations and compliance.
- Experience with household surveys and HIV programming preferred
- Proven record of superb management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage large, complex projects across multi-country settings.
- Experience with PEPFAR policy program planning and design. CDC programs preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising staff, team building and management.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
31st October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and cover letter to: email@example.com
with “Project Director - Nigeria” as the subject of the mail.