25th and Staffing - Our client, a leading Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) company, located in Lagos State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: AGM/Senior Manager - Procurement Operations
Department: Supply Chain
Reports To: Head of Supply Chain
- To ensure timely availability of Raw & Packing Material both imported & locally sourced.
- Ensure smooth execution of the import process and Management of LPO and compliance to LPO terms and conditions.
Interfaces for Executive Day Job
- Maintain high servicing level for RMPM requirement while at the same time optimizing inventory holding. Ensuring no production disruption on account of material availability.
- Generate projections for both RM & PM requirement, both short term and long term and in line with this output assess and highlight the gap in current sourcing capacity and capability.
- To develop a flexible Bill of Material (BOM) structure to accommodate multiple product formulation for the same product
- To ensure timely opening of LC by concerned team followed; timely order processing and dispatch by suppliers; timely release of shipments on arrival by ensuring a very high level of communication between all stakeholders.
- To identify and empanel shipping lines, express cargo services and clearing & forwarding agents for optimizing between import freight cost(including clearing cost) and lead time of shipment.
- To continuously identify opportunities for reducing the import cycle starting from order initiation, processing, dispatch to final receipt of goods.
- Development of an independent import ordering and execution team
- To ensure execution and compliance based on terms of LPO. Primary point of contract with vendors for order execution.
- Contract Management of terms of LPO for all suppliers along with monitoring LPO Aging.
- Develop and implement systems which is paperless and requires little manual intervention in
- Integrating RMPM requirement generation with S&OP
- Import Order tracking from initiation to completion
- From requirement generation to local purchase order communication to vendor
- Master management : All vendors of supply chain function and all item codes for RMPM
- Procurement lead for implementation of S&OP process.
- To ensure timely payment to all vendors across all material groups.
- Departmental Head - Finance, SCD
- S&OP Team
- Category Purchase Managers for all material group both Imported and Locally Sourced
- NPD Team
- Production Team
- Procurement Order Execution & Imports Team
- Import Clearance Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Shipping Companies
- Clearing & Forwarding Agency
- Suppliers - International & Local
- Government & Regulatory Authority
- Key Behavioural Competencies Required:
- Attention to Detail
- Consistent and Timely Communication
- Willingness to Learn and Adapt quickly
- High level of system and process orientation
- Ability to deal with complexity
- B.Tech/Economics Graduate and MBA with minimum 12 years of work experience in an MNC
- Work Experience in International & Local Procurement would be preferred
- Experience working with ERP systems & Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Work experience in Africa/ Nigeria is desirable
Application Closing Date
- Team Management
- Relationship Management
- Analytical, Communication and Presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com
with the correct job title as the subject of the email.
Only qualified candidates would be contacted.