Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established in January 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Teacher
: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Head Teacher assists in overseeing and directing the planning, organizing, and implementation of education services for children, in addition to part time classroom teacher duties which will include the developing and implementing individual educational plans for children.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience
- Guide and facilitate activities of the children, including: daily activities, field trips, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom
- Cooperate with other staff and classroom groups to maintain the smooth functioning of the centre, which at times may require changes to meet the needs of the children
- Guide children's acquisition of social skills
- Attend staff training and meetings
- Works with Teachers, Teacher Assistants and volunteers to use and develop their skills and abilities in planning and carrying out classroom activities;
- Maintain a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Use the playground as an extension of the classroom; assures that the playground is safe;
- Assist in recruiting and orienting volunteers, providing them with guidance as needed,
- Complete and submit required forms and records in a timely and accurate fashion, e.g., lesson plans, time sheets, meal reports etc.;
- Review teachers' lesson plans and schedules
- Assure that files are complete, accurate, and confidentially maintained; and
- Perform other duties, as may be required.
- A University Degree in any field. Master's Degree in Education or Teaching is an added advantage.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle without assistance, and withstand exposure to adverse weather conditions; and
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff and clients.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of and experience in project management.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to lead and train staff
- Ability to manage conflict and resolve complaints
- Ability to work as part of a team; build and manage professional work relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using Micro-soft office package
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language, understanding in other local Borno languages
- Must have strong interest in Teaching and admistrative work; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Education
- Experience in managing Human Resources
- Hausa speaker
- Fluent in local languages
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.