Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. The Foundation was established in January 2016 and registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
: Maiduguri, Borno
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behaviour and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling or treatments, and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, then modify plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Provides a full range of psychological services to clients.
- Consults with other professionals, regarding the evaluation and treatment of clients.
- Provides psychological assessment, testing and evaluation, referral, consultation, programme planning, chemical dependency counselling/education, prevention service/activities, individual, couples, group and family therapy.
- Interact with clients to provide assessment, testing, diagnosis treatment, case management, follow up and treatment planning, with physicians to provide consultation.
- Collaborates and cooperates in a professional manner with co-workers, other departments and other agencies in order to assure effective continuity of care and services.
- Prepares and maintains mental health notes and narrative reports of mental health activities (in the appropriate charting format).
- Maintain clients’ records, as part of the Medical records system and follows policies of records and maintenance of client confidentiality.
- Observes strict confidentiality and privacy of clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous training or experience with cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is an added advantage.
- Professional, expert knowledge of psychological theories, principles.
- Able to participate in evaluation, diagnosis, individual, group and family psychotherapy, crisis intervention, consultation, prevention and research such as would be obtained in a doctoral programme in psychology and in a clinical internship practice.
- Ability to communicate with children of all ages.
- High degree of skill in the psychological assessment and evaluation of people.
- University Degree in Psychology. Masters Degree in Psychiatry is an added advantage.
- English Language (Fluent) and Basic understanding of Hausa language is an added advantage
- Must have strong interest in clinical psychology; working with children, helping people rebuild their lives and work towards the development of Borno State.
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable, numerate
Application Closing Date
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency.
- Academic or work experience in Psychology
- Experience in managing Human Resources
- Hausa speaker
20th August, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.