Legacy University is a private Bilingual University par excellence approved by the government of the Gambia as a Comprehensive Educational Institution focused on teaching, learning, research and community service. The overall goal is to advance Knowledge, Research and Excellence towards achieving a fulfilled career and destiny.
Legacy University, the Gambia, LUGA, announces the sales of application form for 2017/2018 admission into the under listed Colleges and Programmes at:
College of Basic Medical Sciences
- Foundational Level
- Diploma Level,
- Undergraduate Level,
- Post Graduate Diploma Level,
- Master’s Degree
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) and Doctor of Science (DSc) Programmes
College of Clinical Sciences and Dentistry
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Human Kinetics and Sports Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Emergency Medical Care
- Prosthetics and Orthotics
- Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Anatomy & Mortuary Science
- Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Dental Technology
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
- Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Health Information Science
- Dental Therapy
- Mental Health and Psychiatry Science
College of Public Health
- Phytotherapy and Herbal Science
- Pharmacy Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Narcotics and Intelligence Science
College of Arts, Law and Human Rights
- Environmental Health
- Industrial Safety and Occupational Health
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Health Economics
- Demography and Population Health
- Health Education and Promotion
- Community Health
- Medical and Social Work
College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
- Law and Jurisprudence
- Human Rights and Gender Studies
- Feminists Issues and Contemporary Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Film Making and Cinematography
- Tourism and African Culture
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Linguistics and Foreign Languages
- Peace and Conflict Resolution Studies
- International Relations, Strategy and Policy Studies
- Political Science
- Criminology and Intelligence Studies
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Islamic and Sharia Studies
- Christian Religious Theological Studies
College of Administration and Management Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Maritime Science and Oceanography
- Information and Communication Technology
- Petroleum and Mining Technology
- Fishery and Aquatic Science
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Industrial Standard and Compliance Technology
- Food Science and Preservation Technology
- Cartography and Geoinformatics
College of Environmental Design and Management
- Banking and Finance
- Public Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fabrics Design Technology
- Insurance and Taxation
- Home Economics and Catering Management
- Project Planning and Logistics Management
- Financial and Forensic Intelligence Science
- Transportation and Safety Management
- Customs and Border Security
College of Education and Social Sciences
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Building Technology
- Estate and Property Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Horticulture and Botanical Studies
Duration of Programmes
- Chemistry Education
- Biology Education
- Mathematics and Statistics Education
- Physics Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Special and Atypical Education
- Physical and Health Education
- Tests, Evaluation and Measurement Education
- Education Foundation and Management
Prospective candidates should note the duration for the programmes of the Colleges of the University as follows:
Screening and Entrance Examination
- College of Basic Medical Sciences: All undergraduate pogrammes in the college of Basic Medical Sciences are of 5 years duration with the exception of Microbiology and Human Kinetics and Sports Science (4 years)
- College of Clinical Sciences and Dentistry: Medicine and Surgery, Dentistry, Optometry, Doctor of Radiography and Doctor of Medical Laboratory Science (6 years), Nursing Science, Dental Therapy, Medical Laboratory Science, Health Information Science, Mental Health and Psychiatry Science (5 years)
- College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences: Pharm. D. (6 years), Phytotherapy and Herbal Science (5 years), Pharmacy Technology (4 years), Pharmacy Technician (3 years) Narcotics and Intelligence Science (5 years)
- College of Public Health: All programmes in the College of Public Health are 5 years with the exception of Medical and Social Work and Demography and Population Health which are both 4 years.
- College of Art, Law and Human Rights: All programmes in this college are 4 years with the exception of Law and Jurisprudence (5 years).
- College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences: All programmes in this college are 4 years with the exception of Veterinary Medicine (6 years).
- College of Administration and Management: All programmes in this college are 4 years.
- College of Environmental Design and Management: All programmes in this college are 4 years with the exception of Architecture (M. Arch.) (6 years).
- College of Education and Social Sciences: All programmes in this college are 4 years. The University offers both Bachelor of Education (4 years) and Doctor of Education (5 years).
- Screening and Entrance Examination for prospective Candidates will hold on Saturday 7th October, 2017 by 10:00am (local time) in the following centres:
- Nigeria: Abuja, Asaba, Akure and Lagos.
- The Gambia: Banjul.
- Senegal: Dakar
- Venues will be posted on the University website later. Successful students will resume academic activities at the University take-off site at the Gambia on Monday 30th October, 2017.
Accommodation will be provided for all full time students on a first-come, first-served basis. The classes of accommodation available are: Premium accommodation for single students, two students in an apartment and maximum of four students in an apartment. For details of cost and how to make advance payment for the accommodation and school fees, please visit the university website on: www.legacyuniversity.gm
Visa And Resident Permits
- Candidates are to note that all Citizens of ECOWAS member countries do not need visa to enter and study in The Gambia. Meanwhile, the University shall make arrangements to obtain resident permits for all its full time students.
- Our fees are subsidized and are very reasonable with flexibility of payment on instalment basis.
- All prospective candidates, parents and members of the public are advised to visit the University website: www.legacyuniversity.gm
Candidates seeking admissions into various programmes in LUGA must have the minimum entry requirement as follows:
- This programme is specifically for candidates with deficiency or deficiencies in their secondary school leaving certificates. Successful candidates will proceed into 100 level of their course of choice at the completion of the programme.
- A minimum of four credits obtained at senior secondary school level or equivalent at not more than two sittings.
- 100 Level:
- Five credits in the senior secondary school leaving examination or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences and Dentistry, Pharmacy, Public Health, Agriculture and Applied Sciences must possess credits in Chemistry, Biology and Physics
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Arts, Law, Administration and Education must possess Credit in any two of Literature, Economics and Government
- Candidates seeking admission into Colleges of Environmental Design and Management must possess credits in English, Mathematics and Technical Drawing
- Direct Entry into 200 or 300 Level:
- Holders of Bachelor degrees, National Diploma or Higher National Diploma in any of the following disciplines can be admitted into direct entry programme: Community Health, Environmental Health, Dental Therapy, Dental Technology, Opticianry, Nursing and Midwifery, Health Information or Health Records, Pharmacy Technician, Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Imaging, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Biomedical Technology, Journalism, Agricultural Extension and Management, Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Home Economics, Hotel and Catering Management, Immigration Service, Customs Service, Road Safety Service, Nigerian Police, Criminology Studies, Insurance and Taxation, Maritime and Oceanography, Petroleum and Mining Technology, Building Technology, Naval and Air force and other qualifications obtained from a recognized institution.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
- Candidates seeking admission must possess either Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognized by the University.
Masters Degree Programmes:
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in a related field from a recognized University.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a recognised University may also be admitted.
Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) And Doctor Of Science (D.Sc.) Programmes:
- Candidates seeking admission into Doctorate degrees shall possess a minimum of a master degree in relevant field of studies from recognized University with a minimum score (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Prospective Candidates are expected to forward transcripts of their academic records to the University before the closing date of admission.
- Candidates awaiting result may also apply to the University but should note that they won’t be offered admission until they meet the entry requirements.
Candidates should note that each College of the University may require candidates to satisfy additional requirements before graduation.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Download Application Form (PDF)
The form may also be obtained from any of the following representatives nearest to them:
Click here to view Names and Phone no. (MS Word)
The completed application forms must be submitted with copies of the educational credentials or transcripts alongside a scanned copy of payment teller of a non-refundableapplication fee of Thirty Five US Dollars ($35) payable by TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER (TT) to the account below:
Pay To: Citi Bank NY
Swift Code: CITIUS33
Fed Wire Routing Code: Fw021000089
For Account Of: Guaranty Trust Bank (UK) Limited
Swift Code: GTBIGB2L
Account Number: 36917996
Beneficiary Name/Bank: GTBGGMGM (Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia)
Beneficiary’S A/C No: 901-10015-002-5033-00
For Further Credit Of: Legacy University, The Gambia
Account Number: 201-121492-210
Candidates applying from the Gambia should use:
Legacy University, The Gambia,
Account Number: 201-121492-210, Guaranty Trust Bank, The Gambia
Submission Of Application Forms
The applications forms and other documents should be scanned and saved as a single file in PDF format and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information or clarification, please contact any of the following:
Mr Sankung Jaiteh
Public Relations Unit
Legacy University, Banjul
Mr. Ignatius BaldehDesk Officer, Nigerian High Commission
+2203509013, +2209974477 Kanifing Layout,
Banjul, The Gambia.