Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager - Food for Peace
You’ll Contribute To Ending World Hunger By:
- Playing a key role in proper implementation and completion of Project(s) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle.
- Ensure that all project(s) staff are provided with a full induction and are briefed on all relevant components of the project(s).
- Develop a data collection and entry plan complete with tools and timeline that is integrated into the PSDs and PIPs (if not already included) in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy.
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project(s)s to strengthen across mission information and best practice sharing; and encourage the development of innovative approach.
- Support Field Coordinator in liaising regularly with authorities and community representatives in relations to Action Against Hunger's programming and positioning.
Does This Description Fit You?
You’re a seasoned Nutrition professional with a strong bias in cash base programming:
- Master's Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health/Nutrition, Development or other related field
- You have 2 years’ work experience in similar setting and responsibility working with cash, market based, food assistance, agriculture, livestock or other livelihood.
- Proven multi sector project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO;
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming;
- Familiarity with ECHO, EU, OFDA and/or DfiD reporting and regulations;
- Experience in managing medium to large-sized teams
- Proficient in MS Office Applications;
- Problem management capacity;
- Planning and analysis capacity;
- Ability to work under pressure.
You’re a super Communicator:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms.
- You are comfortable explaining policies & procedures to a team.
- You stay calm & like talking to colleagues to find solutions to their problems.
- You contribute to team reports & are able to succinctly summarize & analyze current field activities.
Your work style builds trust within your team:
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You have good experience in multi-sector emergency responses and sector coordination as well as experience and flexibility with complex/large organizational structures;
- You are knowledgeable on the humanitarian architecture and trans-formative agenda
- You demonstrated experience in proposal writing and donor reporting; creative and innovative with attention to detail.
- you are good diplomatic and negotiation skills and disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously and with minimal guidance.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
Application Closing Date
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online