Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers. We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent, shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Title: Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XXIX
Dream of using technology to change the world?
The Andela Fellowship
- Join the Andela movement, to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and cities across Africa.
The Application Process
- The Andela Fellowship is a full-time employment opportunity that will enable you to own your learning as you hone the skills you need to become a global technology leader. We seek out exceptional people from a variety of backgrounds who are committed to unlocking their full potential and improving the world through technology.
- Through four years of intensive learning and real work experience on the world’s leading engineering teams, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a global technology leader.
Join our Community:
- You’ll join 10,000+ aspiring tech leaders by expressing your interest and describing your motivations for leveraging Andela’s technical leadership resources. Complete a free application and personality/values assessment so we can learn how to further empower you as a tech leader.
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements. However, if you have completed University or have a Higher National Diploma from a polytechnic, you must complete your one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela, unless you have been formally exempted.
Advance your expertise:
- You will leverage our open-source learning resources for software development and team skills to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
Meet us Face to Face:
- Based on the quality of outputs you create you may be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and developers at an Andela office.
- Successful applicants are invited to participate in a two-week, simulated development sprint led by senior Andela developers. The two weeks comprise of one week of home-based self-learning and one week of product development on-site at an Andela campus.
- You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
Become an Andelan:
- The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program
Home Study Test:
Application Closing Date
- The Home Study test is a requirement for making it through our selection process.
- Please study and complete the Home Study Curriculum before your test.
20th October, 2017.
HomeStudy Test Submission Deadline
27th October, 2017.
6th November - 9th November, 2017.
20th November - 1st December, 2017.
8th January, 2017 - December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please take this schedule into consideration before you apply.
- To learn more about the Andela Fellowship please visit andela.com/join/developer