is recruiting of Manager, Information Technology. Our client is one of the foremost financial institutions in Nigeria. The group offers multi-disciplinary financial services to a wide range of clients across industries through its subsidiaries, associates and divisions, including insurance, asset management, pension services, trusteeship and real estate investment.
Our client, as part of the initiatives to achieve improving its service quality and re-positioning in the industry seeks to recruit focused, energetic, results-oriented and suitably qualified professionals to fill the following positions in its composite insurance subsidiary:
Job Title: Manager, Information Technology
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, the ideal candidate will champion the articulation and development of overall Information Systems technology strategy to effectively support the company’s goal of aligning its financial and operational functions with information technology. He/she will also articulate and implement the company’s IT strategy, work plan and programmes, as well as, ensure optimisation of technology use in the company’s business operations.
Specifically, the candidate will:
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- Oversee the provision of IT support services to the business units.
- Establish and enforce IT policies and procedures that promote and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and security of corporate data and information.
- Continually reassess IT policies and practices, and coordinate the articulation and implementation of any necessary modifications.
- Identify and manage relationships with service providers and ensure consistent adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Oversee and coordinate efforts aimed at developing IT business solutions, and ensure optimal leverage of technology to effectively enable the company’s business operations processes and reporting.
- Oversee the design and implementation of a disaster recovery plan and system that ensures timely and continuous system availability at all times.
- Ensure constant availability of the necessary IT infrastructure to provide accurate and up-to-date business management information,
- Ensure the availability of effective enterprise-wide end-user support and monitor performance and compliance with agreed cross-functional service levels.
- A first degree in Computer Science/Engineering or any related discipline
- Relevant professional qualifications. (e.g MCSE, CISSp, eiSA, OCP, Mep)
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience of which five (5) years’ must have been in top/senior management positions
- Demonstrable ability to contribute creatively to the development of IT strategies and procedures
- In-depth knowledge of Information Systems management
- Excellent knowledge of relevant IT facilities/infrastructure management processes and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standard financial systems, database management, and inter-networking tools
- Knowledge of insurance-based ERP
- Applications oracle Database and visual Basic microsoft office suite
- Knowledge of HTML application, SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Forms and Reporting tools – Crystal, Discoverer, Oracle Forms and Reports
- Experience of current business practices and operations, leading IT practice and metrics across Business& Technology dimensions
not later than 14th September 2010. Method of Application
To apply, please quote the reference number as the subject of your e-mail and send your current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names), a statement of how you meet our selection criteria and the names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here