The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
is the independent regulatory agency mandated by Government to monitor and regulate the electricity industry in Nigeria. The Commission is committed to promoting and ensuring efficient market structures and an investor-friendly industry to meet Nigeria's need for safe, adequate, reliable and affordable electricity.
To drive the achievement this mandate, the Commission seeks to recruit qualified professionals for vacant positions in the Office of the Chairman and its 6 specialized Divisions.
NERC is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Safety and Security
The Manager Safety and Security will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the safety of life and property in the Commission. The job holder will report to the Deputy General Manager Administration
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Responsible for planning, developing and implementing security plans, security programs such as Emergency Response and Crisis Management, Physical Security, Information Protection, Incident Management and/or Investigation.
- Maintains knowledge of complex industry trends, current security issues and security technology and update the Commission on risk and threat that could impact on the Commission
- Performs risk analysis for the Commission, including environmental risk analysis
- Provides advice and counsel to the Commission on the expenditures of resources for protection of Commission assets where compromise or loss of these assets could seriously affect Commission business
- Performs incident analysis and investigation relative to all incidents with advice
- An understanding of the Commission mandate and security situation of the country
- Ability and knowledge in handling variety of security gadgets and equipment
- A good sense and ability to make judgment on security situations, threats and dangers
- Anticipates and pre-empts problems
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability and knowledge in administering first aid, CPR when required
- Ability, knowledge and skill in designing and preparing emergency response actions in crisis and conflict situations
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively engage security and safety agencies as well as stakeholders to safeguard and promote the interest of the Commission.
- A dynamic and intuitive personal quality required
- A degree in Engineering, Social Sciences or Environmental Sciences
- A post graduate degree is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
- Minimum 9 years working experience in the public or private sector, 5 of which should have been in a senior position with responsibilities related to workplace security, health and safety.
8th August, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here