Evangel University Akaeze, Ebonyi State is one of the five (5) new Private Universities licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria on 28th February 2012 to operate as degree awarding Institutions. The proprietor of Evangel University is the Assemblies of God Nigeria. The mission of the University is “to offer total education for the liberation of the total man; for total service to God, humanity, the individual and society at large”. Through scientific inquiry, academic integrity, tolerance to diverse views and opinions, coupled with faith in the Bible as God’s word, the University shall aim at achieving its mission.
The Evangel University Akaeze commenced its academic activities for the 2012/2013 session in November, 2012 with two Colleges namely: College of Science and College of Business Studies and a School of General Studies at its Take-off Campus at Okpoto. Okpoto is located at Kilometre 48, Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Ebonyi State.
The University currently has two colleges, seven departments and ten academic programmes namely:
College of Business Studies
- Banking and Finance
College of Science
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. Management
- B.Sc. Marketing.
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences.
- B.Sc. Biology
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Physics.
The University will in the 2013/2014 academic year continue with the academic programmes listed above.
Application Closing Date
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission into the University for the 4-year Degree Programmes. All candidates applying for admission must have sat the 2013 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and are expected to have scored up to or above the National JAMB cut-off point of 180 whether or not the candidates made Evangel University a choice in the 2013 UTME.
- All candidates seeking admission into the College of Science must have credit passes in five subjects obtained at one or two sittings in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (conducted by WAEC or NECO) or equivalent qualifications. The five subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. The UTME subject combination for each Department is as specified in the JAMB Brochure for the programmes.
- The minimum entry requirements for candidates seeking admission into the College of Business Studies shall be credit passes in five subjects in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (conducted by WAEC or NECO) or equivalent qualifications obtained at one or two sittings. The five subjects must include English Language, Mathematics and Economics. The UTME subject combination for each Department is as specified in the JAMB Brochure for the programmes.
31st July, 2013
Method Of Application
Name of Bank:
- All prospective applicants are required to pay a non- refundable application fee of N5,500 into the University’s Account in any First Bank of Nigeria Plc. This amount covers the Application Form and the Post-UTME Screening Exercise.
First Bank of Nig Plc
- They should then access the University website on www.evangeluniv.edu.ng to download the 2013/2014 application form for Post-UTME Screening Exercise which should be completed, scanned along with the Bank Teller showing evidence of payment and sent as e-mail attachment to: email@example.com
- Candidate can also obtain the application forms upon presentation of evidence of payment through the Bank Teller, from any of the under-listed locations:
i.) Assemblies of God General Council Secretariat, Plot R8 Ozubulu Street, Independence Layout, Enugu.
ii.) Any Assemblies of God District Superintendent Headquarter in Nigeria.
iii.) Academic Affairs Unit, Evangel University, Take-off Campus at Okpoto, Okpoto is located at Km 48, Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, Ebonyi State.
Completed application forms should be forwarded to the Registrar, Evangel University Akaeze, P.M.B 129, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, Nigeria. OR submitted at the Take-off Campus, Okpoto, Ebonyi State.
For enquiries, visit the university website www.evangeluniv.edu.ng
or call 08189132571, 08174279533
1.) The date of the Post-UTME Exercise is:
- Thursday, August 01, 2013 for College of Business Studies
- Friday 02, August, 2013 for College of Science.
The time is 8.00am at the University Take-off Campus, Okpoto; located at Km 48 Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway.
2.) Candidates should bring their 2013/2014 JAMB UTME Registration and Result Slip, two (2) passport-size photographs, HB pencil, eraser and mathematical table (where applicable).
NOTE: Cell phones, calculators and any material not listed above will not be allowed in the screening exercise venue.