Graduate Jobs at Ecowas Commission for Benefits Administrators
is recruiting for Graduate Benefits Administrator.
- Job Title: Benefits Administrator.
- Department: Administration and Finance
- Directorate: Human Resources
- Grade: G5
- Salary Scale: USD 25,567.27 - USD 31,939.77
- Supervisor: HR Officer Services
- Reference: ECW-COMM/REC/HR/001/2010
- Duration: Two Years
- Closing date: 11-11-2010
The Human Resources Directorate has focused on transforming the organisation to meet standards of best case practice within the sector. Top on its priority list is ensuring the organisation has a system and culture that attracts and retains the best brains of West Africa who consider a career opportunity with ECOWAS. To position the organisation as an employer-of-choice, it is apparent our compensation system is revised considering the increasingly competitive market for talents. The organisation must thus ensure it offers attractive salaries, benefits and working conditions and provide efficient quality service to its staff in order to achieve higher rates of retention, high motivation levels and quality delivery of work activities. In addition, the Directorate needs to ensure a proper administration/processing of compensation/benefits-related claims to ensure they conform to set policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist the HR Officer, Services with day to day benefits administration (maintains all employee benefit files)
- Prepare reports on benefits participation and use, as requested.
- Review all benefit invoices for accuracy and ensure internal processing for timely remittance.
- Review materials distributed for the benefits policies and assist in maintaining benefits administration manuals
- Collate employee benefit information needed to be published on HR portal
- Assist HR Officer, Services in maintaining, and monitoring HR legal regulations of all benefit programs to ensures compliance with government regulations
- File claims and follow up reimbursement.
- Assist in the preparation and reconciliation of payroll adjustments, including final reconciliation of an employee's payroll when they go off contract
- Analyze financial risks in payroll procedures and recommend improvement
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in social sciences or related field.
- Up to two years work experience in administrative duties preferably in benefits administration.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate, verbally and in writing, including use of persuasive presentation
- Diversity Awareness: Understanding and ability to work effectively with individuals having diverse styles, abilities, motivations and background (including gender and cultural differences)
- Ethics and Integrity: Demonstrated practice of integrity and ethical behaviour in all circumstances
- HR Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources laws and policies which applies to the organisation
- Innovation: Ability to be innovative, creating and sustaining a positive environment that supports calculated risk-taking
- Organisational Knowledge: Ability to promptly understand organisation's mission, vision and values and how this ties to meeting the organisation's goals
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to build and sustain trust-based relationships, both individually and collectively over time.
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to link specific human resource initiative to the greater organisation mission and deliverables
- Team Behaviour: Demonstrated understanding of team behaviour and ability to work in teams and ensure high performance
Candidate must not be fifty (50) years old or more at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Click here to apply online
11th November, 2010
How To Apply
Note: The Ecowas Admin has taken this particular job down, I think it was bringing unexpected traffic to their Web Server. Hope it comes up again.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here