The University of Kent is one of the UK’s leading academic institutions with a commitment to excellence in teaching and research that has spanned five decades.
Known as the UK’s European university, it was granted its Royal Charter in 1965 and now has over 19,000 undergraduate students studying at its campuses in Canterbury and Medway. The University has a thriving postgraduate community with approximately 3,000 students registered on taught and research programmes at Canterbury and Medway, as well as our specialist European centres in Brussels, Paris, Athens and Rome.
With almost 3,000 members of staff, the University is a major employer. In addition, it is a significant economic, cultural and social force in south east England, and contributes £0.6 billion to the region’s economy.
Our international impact is reinforced by well- established networks and collaborations with prestigious universities in Europe and around the world including the USA, Malaysia, China, Russia, Hong Kong and Japan. The University actively participates in the Erasmus programme, exchanging 400 students per year with over 100 European partner institutions. Our global partnerships offer many opportunities for our students including exchanges, study visits and work placements as well as the possibility of earning a dual degree from Kent and a partner university
UKEAS is an education consultancy which provides free, impartial counselling and application services for international students wishing to study at high schools, colleges and universities in the United Kingdom. The business was founded in Taiwan in 1993, and since then has helped thousands of students to study in the UK. The organisation has grown considerably and has offices in Taiwan, China,Vietnam, the Philippines and Nigeria, as well as a base in the UK.
We are recruiting to fill the following position in our Nigeria office:
Job Title: In-Country Officer
Vacancy Ref Num:
Any City, Nigeria
The successful applicant will be based within a UKFAS office in Niger-ia and will be responsible for recruitment and the follow up of prospective students on behalf of the University of Kent. They will provide administrative support to manage student applications and will liaise with the University of Kent to ensure that applicants are kept updated about their application and are processed as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Promoting the University of Kent brand in Nigeria
- Responding to enquiries and maintaining contact with students via email, telephone, Skype, etc.
- Ongoing counselling and follow up of students
- Converting enquiries into applications and subsequent registered students
- Maintaining the student database for follow up activity with students
- Preparing and sending applications on behalf of students
- Conducting follow up with Kent to ensure timely updates and offers for students
- Visa Checking - confirm all documents are correct prior to Visa submission
- Office Visits - take part in, and assist with, University of Kent visits
- UKEAS Fairs and British Council exhibitions - assist with arrangements for these events and represent Kent on the stand.
Application Closing Date
- A graduate degree with minimum second class lower division
- Must be able to work in a customer-facing environment
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to multitask as well as a high degree of attention to detail
- Industry: Education
- Specialisation: Student recruitment, customer service and office support
- Required Experience: 3 years post-NYSC experience
Wednesday 21st August, 2013
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and covering letter stating why they think they are best suited for the job to: email@example.com