United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
is supporting a World Bank funded project, The Human Resources Development in the Energy (Oil &. Gas) Sector. It focuses on capacity-building through training of the management and technical staff of PHCN in Nigeria. The project seeks applications from Suitably qualified candidates to fill the position as described below:
Post Title: Training & workshop Coordination Consultant
Vacancy Code: UNOPS/2010/ AFO/NGOA/001
In Nigeria, UNOPS Country Programme is supporting the implementation of the twinning programme in the Oil and Gas Sector which aims at strengthening the training and capacity building support to relevant Government Institution(s) and targeted companies to upgrade their knowledge and be exposed to best practices in other countries with similar energy context as Nigeria. The programme, supported through the World Bank funding, will be implemented with selected participants from the power companies/institutions and be exposed to best practices experience in the field of Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution. In addition to the twinning programme, series of in-country knowledge sharing workshops would be organized to increase the pool of expertise to manage the various segments under which training was provided to the selected participants. The workshop would allow the participants who have completed the training show case a project/work
plan for deploying their gained experience and lesson learnt within the scope of their individual responsibilities within their companies.
In its drive to implement this project, UNOPS wishes to recruit a Training & Workshop Consultant that will provide strategic and tactical direction in all areas of training and the organization of workshop(s) in the related areas as may be necessary. This position is responsible for the planning, organization, coordination and monitoring of the in country workshops with NAPTIN and other relevance institutions in the power sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Training and Workshop consultant under the direct supervision of the Programme
Coordinator will support and provide programmatic inputs to the training and related
workshops activities. Specifically, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
Required Selection Criterion
- Follow up on the progress of the roll out of the training and workshop(s) activities and in collaboration with other relevant UNOPS staff; provide timely and relevant information to the relevant institutions on the project as may be required;
- In consultation with relevant Institutions, produce a strategic orientation document on the training communications and workshop(s) programmes;
- Organize, coordinate and manage workshop activities, including development of workshop materials and agenda in consultation with workshop facilitators and relevant institutions;
- Ensure performance planning, monitoring and appraisal of the effectiveness of the Workshop including submission of situational reports;
- Communication with the relevant government institution in the sector to ensure a coherent response to the implementation of training and workshop activities;
- Facilitate workshop activities, including preparation of regular situational reports on the workshop programme;
- Identify performance matrix, plan and conduct evaluation of workshop(s) effectiveness and action plans from the participants to address areas of opportunity;
- Prepare and submit reports on observations, issues arising, and recommendations from attended training and workshop programmes;
- Perform any other tasks assigned to her/him by the programme coordinator.
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, combined with experience in participatory communication, participatory research, training and impact evaluation.
- At least 2 years in a corporate technical learning function in a management capacity.
- Track record of at least three relevant assignments (trainings or workshop consultancy and advisory services) as a reliable expert/consultant in the field of capacity building is essential;
- Experience conducting needs assessments and organizational surveys;
- Ability to build credibility at all levels within the organization;
- Previous experience in preparation of and delivery of training/workshops in the related fields;
- Excellent analytical, communication and facilitation skills as well as writing experience;
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with government officials and other programme partners;
- Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Knowledge in the Energy and power sector will be an added advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English language is essential.
18th November, 2010
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae, evidence of experience of having worked on similar activities, and an updated United Nations Personal History Form P 11
.) English Version, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Kindly indicate the vacancy number and the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified.
Qualified female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of
For more information on UNOPS, including its core values and competencies, please
the UNOPS website at www.unops.org
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here