The Parliament of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with headquarters in Abuja Nigeria, is inviting applications from qualified citizens of the Community to fill the vacant position in the professional category:
DIRECTOR OF PARLIAMENTARY AFFAIRS AND RESEARCH - D1
- A first level university degree (Bachelor's degree) in Law, Social Sciences or Public Administration.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 12 years post-qualification working experience, five (5) of which should be in management of parliamentary affairs and procedural matters preferably in a national, sub-regional or regional parliament.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree) in a relevant field with ten (10) years working experience will be accepted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Secretary General, the Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research will:
- Plan and coordinate the activities of the department of parliamentary affairs and research
- Organise and ensure a smooth parliamentary procedure, in particular:
- Draft the reports of the sessions of parliament
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of the units in charge of research and documentation, especially:
- Prepare the preliminary draft of the annual activity report of the Parliament in collaboration with the other departments and units of the General Secretariat;
- Prepare the preliminary draft of the annual activity programme of the Parliament in collaboration with the other departments and units of the General Secretariat;
- Coordinate the drafting of the agenda and work programme of the .
- sessions and those of the organs of Parliament;
- Maintain relations between the Community Parliament and, the national parliaments as well as with inter-parliamentary institutions;
- Assist the Secretary General in discharging his duties i.e. in planning and implementing the activities of the organs of Parliament and consequently, carry out all other duties that may be assigned to him. .
The post of Director of Parliamentary Affairs and Research is on D1 of the ECOWAS Annual Salary scale, that is, UA33 751 -AU41 932.
31st March, 2010
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Community citizens interested in any of the positions mentioned in the above vacancy announcement should submit an applicant file comprising of the following:
Photocopies of degrees/certificates and professional attestations;
Applications should be addressed to:
The Honourable Speaker of Parliament,
International Conference Centre,
Area 11, Garki, PMB 576, Abuja,
Federal Republic of Nigeria