Guiness Nigeria Plc
- We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world’s leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories. Among the incredible portfolio is the Guinness Trademark (Foreign Extra Stout & Extra Smooth), Premium Lagers (Harp lager;
Satzenbrau Pilsner & Armstrong Dark Ale), Nigeria’s ) #1 Malt drink, Malta Guinness & the worlds leading Ready to Drink brands (Smirnoff Ice & Gordon’s Spark)
Our vision is to be the most celebrated business in Nigeria. To help us realise this we this we are committed to world-class standards in procrement. That’s where you come in we are now seeking highly competent & experienced professionals to join our procurement team.
Job Title: Category Manager – ATL & Sponsorships (REF NO: 25793BR)
Responsible for the development of stretching category strategies that clearly deliver brand growth by Assuring, Protecting and Creating value for all areas of above the line, Media (Planning, buying and management), sponsorship, and relationship marketing.
- Implementation of Head of Procurement -designated key projects through effective project management, tltilising appropriate a-procurement tools to maximise speed, efficiency and drive of benefits e.g. e-RFI’s e-RFP’s, e-auctions, spend analysis.
- Work with Media Agencies/partners to secure best timings and rates for programming deals.
- Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with legal to develop Agency Contracts.
- Develop and implement Standard Media Operating Procedure to improve media administration.
- Lead monitoring & control of media and OOH campaigns to ensure value for money
- Lead outdoor auditing, electronic media monitoring and execution of initiatives to improve compliance
- Develop and agree Agency (Media, PR, Creative, advertising) Work Plans and partner with Legal to develop Agency Contracts.
- Champion and embed compliance of Diageo Marketing Code with the Media. PRo and creative Agencies
- First Degree is mandatory.
- Minimum of 7 years commercial experience,Specialist media planning & Buying experience gained in a Media – buying organization with demonstrated direct responsibility for managing multi-billion Naira media budget (Experience gathered from advertising agency will be of advantage)
- Strong Negotiation Skills
- Minimum of 3 years procurement experience is essential coverial all procurement imperatives (quality, service, cost, risk, growth support, innovation)
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Previous experience of working with or closely with an FMCG procurement Function (prior sap experience an advantage) for an extended period.
- Have a flair for field work and travels
28th December, 2010
Method of Application
Log on to www.diageo.com
& click on ‘careers‘
Click on ‘Search & Apply‘
Click on ‘Search openings‘ go to ‘Key word‘ (Box 5) and enter the Ref No
Click ‘view job(s)’ to read the detailed job profile
Click on ‘submit to job(s)’ to submit your Cv.
Click here to apply online