Maersk Nigeria (APM Terminals)
is recruiting for Crane Mechanic.This position offers an outstanding opportunity to join global team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
Job Title: Crane Mechanic
Critical Requirements / Skills
- Perform scheduled maintenance and unscheduled breakdown maintenance on equipment assigned to Crane Section for maintenance.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Crane Maintenance Foreman;
- Advise Crane Maintenance Foreman on concerns relating to unreliable equipment;
- Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner or Foreman;
- Perform maintenance activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis;
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on mechanical components and hydraulic circuits, control systems, tires and some electrical component elements. This includes the modification of components and servicing techniques in conjunction with the Crane Maintenance Foreman to improve efficiency;
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures;
- Execute maintenance schedule as directed by Crane Maintenance Foreman;
- Identify components to be overhauled;
- Provide correct information on Work Orders and other job documentation, ensuring an accurate record of work performed, time taken to complete work, spare parts and materials used etc;
- B B.Eng/B.Sc/HND/Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering from recognized institution. Any additional training in both mechanical/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries is an advantage.
- Requires at least two to three years of experience in crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel or manufacturing plants, including specific knowledge of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
- Requires specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders.
- Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as brakes, wire-ropes, trolley, gantry wheels, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, couplings, and so forth.
- Requires a good knowledge of repairs for cranes and RTGs & spreaders.
- Requires ability to interpret mechanical/hydraulic diagrams, service & parts manuals.
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the work day
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency breakdowns and repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- A truly international working environment in a modern working location.
- Value and team based leadership.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages.
5th January, 2010
Method of Application
Please apply through the job portal and ensure to upload/attach a recent CV.
Click here to apply via Maersk Portal
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here