Communication Advisor Job - ActionAid Nigeria (AAN)
ActionAid Nigeria (AAN)
is is one of ActionAid Country Programmes around the world. ActionAid is an International Non-Governmental organization registered in the Netherlands with headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in 47 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas. 22 of these country programmes, affiliates or associates are in Africa and are led by Africans. We have been doing development work on the continent since 1972 and in Nigeria since 1972 and in Nigeria since 1999. ActionAid works with the poor and excluded in Africa, promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
To effectively consolidate on our on-going country strategy, AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Communication Advisor
- Candidates must possess degree in Communication, Social Sciences, Arts/Humanities is essential.
- Masters degree in a relevant field is desirable
- Membership of NUJ and other relevant professional bodies is desirable
- At least 7 years work experience, 4 of which should have been spent in the development sector is essential
- 3 years experience managing communication and advocacy project and working with the media is essential
- Experience in Website development/management and digital communications is essential
- Experience as a reporter, sub editor or proof reader is desirable.
- Understanding of the role of advocacy work and communication in development is essential
- Strong communication & writing skills is essential
- Good computer skills with practical knowledge of publishing tools is essential
- Experience in digital media and web management is essential.
- A person of integrity who is able to work in a diverse team environment.
28th January, 2011.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should fill in the application form as accessed from the application pack from www.actionaid-nigeria.org
, or http://www.actionaid.org/pages.aspx?PagelD=259
The application pack contains the Vacancy announcement, Job Description and Application form. The subject line of emails should clearly state position applied otherwise application will not be considered.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly welcome .Applications are also particularly welcome from candidates living with HIV/AIDs (PLWHAs).
Closing date for receipt of application forms is 28th January, 2011. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Only electronically completed application forms will be entertained and should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will ONLY be considered if submitted on AAN’s Standard Application forms.