Society for Family Health (SFH)
is one of the leading public health non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Nigeria, implementing programmes in reproductive health, HIV & AIDS prevention, and maternal neonatal and child health. SFH works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, the British Department for International Development (DFID) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) among other international donors. We seek to recruit qualified persons as a result of growth in our organisation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We require competent candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Health Communications
- Reporting to the Territorial Manager, the successful candidate will lead the FP/RH communication and mobilisation activities and participate in all interventions at the regional level.
- With the support of the Territorial Manager and Field Operations Programme Coordinator (FOPC), s/he will coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of all FP demand creation community based activities within the designated territory.
- S/He would work with other programme divisions to provide the evidence base to inform the design and implementation of the project.
Compensation & Benefits
- Must have a first degree in Health/Biological/Social/Behavioural Sciences, Pharmacy or Communication Arts.
- A masters degree will be of added advantage
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC working experience in an NGO or similar organisation at the field level.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in the dominant language of the region.
- Must be attuned to and be comfortable with the culture/traditions of the people within the state.
- Must be excellent at report writing and possess strong M&E skills.
- Must possess good knowledge of and experience with modern family planning methods.
The compensation package for these position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2014
Method Of Application
A one page application letter (using the position reference as subject), addressed to the Deputy Director-HR, clearly providing evidence of competences required for the job, current remuneration, as well as a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae indicating clearly your valid telephone numbers, e-mail address and current contact address, should be sent to: email@example.com
beside the job you are applying for. Candidates without the minimum requirements need not apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted