is the United Nations Development Programme. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Associate
Languages Required : English
: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 25-April-2011
The Administrative Associate will perform the full spectrum of programme support and management functions required for the effective functioning of the Regional Implementation office. Reporting to the PACT II Regional Technical Advisor. The field-based Administrative Associate will more specifically provide field-based programme support to PACT II activities in ECOWAS, and permanent backstopping to the Regional Implementation Team (RIT), ECOWAS-TEN and other associated implementation partners identified by ECOWAS Commission in the region, working under supervision of the Regional Technical Advisor
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Providing logistical support to programme implementation:
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for ITC and other PACT II implementation partners in relation with field activities.
- Coordinate logistical aspects of field-based conferences, workshops and meetings.
- Obtain cost information, prepare tentative budgets and follow up arrangements with regard to hotel, hospitality and local transport logistics for participants, availability of venue and supporting equipment, conference documentation and materials etc.
- Ensure secretarial support for the effective running of the events and prepare minutes, as required.
Providing information management support to programme implementation team:
- Collect and maintain information to facilitate the preparation of appropriate responses to pending issues by the Regional Advisor and ensure proper and timely communication to members of the RIT, ECOWAS-TEN, and other PACT II associated implementation partners to whom activities have been assigned. With that respect, note deadlines for follow-up; initiate follow-up action on pending matters or for the preparation of periodic reports.
- Provide information on the programme or refer queries to appropriate source;
Provide assistance to reporting on programme activities :
- Facilitate the compilation of programme documentation: e.g. workplans, progress reports, power point presentations, promotional materials. Assist with formatting, editing and translation of materials. Ensure that materials comply with the standard ITC format and donor requirements;
- follow-up if submission deadlines are not respected. establish and maintain a filing system containing working documents, reference materials, correspondence and reports, and records necessary for daily project support; provide information for budget creation or amendment.
- Assist M&E consultant for data sources collection, administration of surveys, following up on questionnaires, and tracking results from programme implementation partners.
Providing administrative assistance to the Regional Technical Advisor:
- Follow up and monitor, in collaboration with Headquarters-based programme assistant for PACT II, administrative actions required for programme activities, incl. the recruitment of consultants or other project staff, travel authorizations, preparation of AFEs, grants, requisition of contracts, goods and services etc.
- Assist the Regional Technical Adviser for ensuring effective office logistics,
including management of office equipment maintenance, ordering of stationery, management of programme funding, following of funding requests channelled through UNDP office, stocking of ITC promotional materials etc.
provide administrative support services for meetings.
Logistical support to programme implementation/ Efficient , timely and cost effective implementation of programme activities
Information management support to programme implementation team/ A reliable information base on programme activities is available
Assistance to reporting on programme activities/ Programme monitoring documentation is reliable and complies with reporting format requirements
Administrative assistance to the Regional Technical Advisor/ Administrative organization of the office is efficient
Impact of Results
- A sustainable and efficient implementation, monitoring and management structure to support Trade Development & Promotion in ECOWAS is built from PACT II Regional Implementation Office
- This position requires a national of one of the ECOWAS states, dynamic, well organised and meticulous in following things through, while being proactive in finding innovative solutions to bottlenecks encountered.
- The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and communication skills, combined with a with a strong client orientation across sections and geographical borders.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good computer skills, strong organizational and communication skills, team spirit and ability to work under minimum supervision with efficiency, competence and integrity and in harmony with people of different cultural and national backgrounds would be assets.
First university degree (3 years) in fields related to business administration, economics or trade, preferably supplemented by project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in trade & business development related areas at a progressively responsible level, preferably in a public or private business support institution.
- Experience of service delivery and result oriented work in an international environment,
- Familiarity with rules, practices and procedures of international organizations (Previous exposure to UN agencies or working experience with ECOWAS or UN would be an asset)
Fluency in English or French and a good working knowledge of the other
12th April, 2011
Method of Application
Applications should be submitted online
Click here to apply online