The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
the leading UN organization in Reproductive Health and Population and Development, is recruiting personnel for the positions in the country office.
Job Post: Messenger
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Appointment
Post level: ICS 02
Duty Post: Country Office, Abuja.
Duration: One (1) Year (renewable but subject to satisfactory performance)
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the incumbent performs the following duties:-
Qualification and Experience
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications to and from the UN mail room;
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals.
- Keeps records as required;
- Packs material received for dispatch, affixes labels, inserts material in envelopes and franks outgoing mail;
- Dispatch outgoing mails to relevant partners;
- Make photocopies as required;
- Serve as assistant for Inventory and Procurement unit
- Assist with the arrangement of tea breaks during meetings;
- General clerical assistance;
- Performs other duties as required.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian National, (Male or Female)
- Be a secondary School Graduate
- Possess at least 2 years cognate experience.
- Have a good knowledge of the UN system
- Possess good oral and writing skills in English
- Have demonstrated a sense of integrity in the discharge of their duties.
2nd May, 2011
Method of Application
All applications should include functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers, letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae (CV), attached as one file in MS WORD format only.
Applications should be addressed to The UNFPA Resident Representative, Abuja and forwarded to e-mail addresses - firstname.lastname@example.org
latest by 02 May 2011 andclearly marked "MESSENGER - ICS - 02
Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest. Kindly also note that ONLY applications sent by e-mail will be accepted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
UNFPA reserves the right to appoint at the indicated or lower level and prior to the closing date.
For further detailed on application process, please visit nigeria.unfpa.org/vacancies
and submit your application.