is seeking applications for the position of Import Customer Service (Pre-Call).
Job Title: Import Customer Service (Pre-Call) - Safmarine
Maersk Line, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria
To report to the Safmarine Import Manager
Delivering superior Customer service the ‘Safmarine Way’ and in line with Safmarine strategy ‘W1nning Edge’.
1. Active involvement in execution of Safmarine strategy key points
- Measurement of Safmarine performance against targets in relation to score-card
- Ensure increase in customer participation and satisfaction survey results (Access and Experience targets)
- Equipment management with clear target for reduction of longstanding containers
2. Handle all Safmarine Import related Pre-call activities based on vessel report.
- Precall tasks to be handled with the mindset of “preventing service failures” against normal trend of “solving problems from service failures” or “fire fighting".
- Ensure arrival notices are sent timely and delivered to customers.
- Monitor TBL shipments and co-ordinate same with necessary desks.
- Ensure BL parties are correctly updated in all related systems according to customer requirements
- Ensure increase in invoicing accuracy via completion of tasks and correct updates of concerned parties
- Ensure cargo concessions given prior to arrival are documented and properly applied
3. Handle all customer service related issues
- All customer notifications (weekly updates, cargo rolling, routing problems, short-shipments, rotation numbers)
- Customer and/or Origin Transshipment or Reshipment request
- Manifest related issues
- Customer invoice enquires (co-ordinate with Freight team)
- Intra & Internet updates
- Coordination of branding & events
- Handle all customer data base related issues/enquires
- Update Access & Experience (A&E) clients and other customer information in our database
- Handle container step-down enquires
· Handle customer’s complaints and ensure corrective actions are initiated, thus preventing repetition of the same mistakes.
· Inter and Intra department relationship - especially with back-office counter and Manifest team (Customer service team)
· Attend to mail communications within the time period as directed by Safmarine - Ensure prompt/ effective communication and ensure clear differentiation between internal correspondence and external correspondence (clients – overseas agents)
Knowledge Areas/ Skills/ Capabilities
- Commercially sound to understand business needs of our customers and deliver the Safmarine way
- Multitasking abilities required
- High degree of service mindedness required
- Effective communication and probing skills
- Very high sense of ownership and initiative
- Problem solving and Inter personal skills.
- Sound understanding of shipping business and logistics.
- MS Office
20th May, 2011
Method of Application
Intersted candidates should click here to apply online