Stanbic IBTC Bank
is the largest bank in Africa and our highly visible brand, award-winning service, and strong global presence helps us maintain our market-leading position. We place huge value on the talent of our people to drive our continued success, and to support our plans for growth.
We are seeking an exceptional Manager, Legal Collection to help us build on our success.
Job Title: Manager - Legal Collection (with legal background)
Job ID: 7015
Location Nigeria - Lagos
Position Category: Credit
Employment Type Full Time - Permanent
The Risk team at Standard Bank provides the essential foundations for our constantly evolving range of financial products and services. Risk is often the business unit that acts as the vital link in the powerful relationships we enjoy with our clients worldwide, and this division is now seeking an exceptional Manager, Legal Collection to help us build on our success. Because you will work with colleagues across the business, you need to be an independent thinker, with exceptional analytical and communication skills, as you will organise and negotiate measurable solutions to fulfill challenging targets, and support our corporate business objectives
- Must have a Law Degree
- Risk Management
- Ensure that all the necessary processes and controls are in place to properly manage the NPL book with special focus on accounts with legal issues.
- Minimize the number accounts ending up in litigation
- Ensure that all cases in court are disposed off speedily.
- Liaise with external lawyers handling all cases in relation to all distressed assets in the Bank
- Ensure maximum recovery on all accounts in litigation.
- Ensure effective and efficient process of realizing any underlinning security.
- Control and manage regularisation of accounts.
- Manage the control of the Post Write Off portfolio.
- Resolve all customer queries that arise on accounts in the NPL category.
- Liaise with business partners on developments within Specialised Recoveries, and their needs.
- Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes.
- Must have good relationship skills
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
- Monitor adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhance procedures, in need.
- Report any breaches and exposures to the business unit head and / or the division’s Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Maintain high ethical standards to prevent market abuse.
- Provide relevant MI information to Head of Collections.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Control and monitor NPL accounts outsourced i.e. Court Orders for Repossession
- Manage and maintain workflow.
- Any delegated ad-hoc function. From Head of Collections.
- Must have a Law Degree - Minimum of a 2.2 LL.B degree BL
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in recovery or litigation
- Ability to manage a large area (volumes, value and staff complement)
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Remains organized and apply sound judgment, and keeps developing internal and customer relationships whilst under pressure.
- Analytical, with attention to detail.
- Strives for high degree of accuracy.
- Analysis and identification of issues, and identification of most appropriate solutions.
- Forward thinking and constantly strives to find better ways of doing things.
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Networking skills.
- Self confidence
We are an equal opportunities employer and are totally opposed to discrimination in any form. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital / partnership status, religion, age or disability.
How To Apply
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here