Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN)
is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company's oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
As a result of opportunities within the Drilling function, career opportunities exist for ambitious and results oriented individuals. We are recruiting Drilling Supervisors with the highest standards of integrity, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Title: DRILLING SUPERVISOR
The ideal candidate profile:
- Candidates should possess a minimum of Bachelors degree with second class upper division (2.1) in any of the following Engineering disciplines - Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Petroleum Engineering
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a multi-discipline. multi-cultural environment
- Good written and oral communication skills, integrity, zealous, and quick to acquire new expertise through training
- Prior cognate experience in rig operations or engineering will be an added advantage
Please note that this position entails working offshore on rotation basis for the entire career.
- Provide day to day on-site supervision of drilling operations and prepare reports to the Drilling Operations Superintendent
- Serve as the primary contact with the rig contractor and third party personnel at the rig site to ensure that operations are performed safely and cost-effectively in accordance with the approved well program
- Logistical planning and coordination of personnel, equipment. supplies and services to ensure that twenty four (24) hour operations are maintained
- Responsible for well control, real time drilling optimization, casing tallies, cementing calculations, and completion tallies and spaceout
- Organise and order necessary services and equipment to conduct drilling, completion, workover, and testing operations
- Responsible for enforcement of approved Safety, Health, Environment and Security procedures to manage operational risks and prevent harm to personnel. environment and equipment
- Ensure that third party equipment is adequately and properly maintained
- Ensure compliance with all government and other appropriate regulations: including education of all rig personnel on safety and related issues.
- Ensure that well control, marine safety and other drills are held on a regular basis per company guidelines
- Ensure that accurate and adequate reports and records are kept regarding operations, equipment and evaluation
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the upstream oil & gas industry.
5th July, 2011
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements listed for this position, please place your online application at: www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
to submit your application and upload your curriculum Vitae (CV).
How To Navigate The Website
To view a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
To complete the application process:
Please note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil 'Jobs and Careers in Nigeria' page on http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria
is placed at the applicant's sole risk and will not be considered.
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here