The British High Commission Abuja
has the following vacancy in its Visa Section:
Job Position: LE III Entry Clearance Assistant
The British High Commission is looking for an Entry Clearance Assistant to work in the Visa Section. The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks to support visa operations. The role will also include line management responsibility. This position is for an initial one (1) year contract and may be subject to renewal.
We are looking for someone with good oral and written communication skills. In particular, the successful candidate should be able to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure, have a positive approach to tackling problems and a willingness to take on new tasks. The most important qualities required are diligence, resilience, self motivation, a flexible approach and the ability to work well and lead a team.
Previous experience of working within a visa section or other office environment, good keyboard skills and familiarity with computers and software packages (notably MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases) is desirable, although training will be provided where necessary.
Successful candidates must be available to start work as soon as possible.
This is a full time position from 8am – 4pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am – 1pm on Friday. The job will be graded LE III with a monthly starting salary of N238,620 including allowances. Successful candidates who are not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10 % notional tax deduction on the basic salary. The salary will be paid in Naira.
Interviews will be conducted within 2 weeks following the closing date.
All candidates will be interviewed against the following core competencies.
Method of Application
- Delivering results - Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work. Handles a variety of tasks, making progress on all fronts. Works with speed and professionalism, recognising that others depend on them.
- Working with Others - Shows consideration for others' needs and motivations, values diversity and inclusion; works effectively and supportively with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams. Embraces different ways of thinking and acting.
- Communicating - Conveys information accurately and concisely. Expresses own views and contributes to team debate.
- Managing Self, Others and Resources – Organises self and work effectively. Provides guidance and support, either formally or informally, to help others achieve objectives. Makes best use of resources and maintains high work standards.
- Customer Focus – Understands and focuses on customer needs. Offers new ideas to improve customer service.
All those interested in applying should send a CV (which should include contact phone number); passport size photograph, copy of passport bio-data page and a covering letter detailing relevant experience to the following address:
Human Resources Assistant
British High Commission
No. 33, Dangote House
P. O. Box 4808
Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications:
Friday 08 July 2011
Interviews are likely to take place during the week commencing 25th July 2011.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Telephone applications and enquiries will also not be accepted. Only applicants called for interview will be contacted.
Click here for more information