The British Council in Nigeria
is looking for a qualified individual to fill the post of Arts Manager.
Job Title: Arts Manager
To work with the BC senior team in Nigeria to deliver programmes, audiences and partnerships which contribute to the British Council's cultural relations programme through the arts and creative industries.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Essential skills, qualifications and knowledge
- Maintain and expand knowledge of the Nigerian arts sector
- Develop relationships with key practitioners and organisations
- Provide market intelligence and information
- Develop art projects
- Manage agreed budgets to British Council standards
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Nigerian/African/UK arts and creative sectors with a broad network of contacts
- Ability to make artistic judgements on new work
- An understanding of the educational, developmental and creative industry opportunities of the arts
- Three years of experience in Nigeria's arts sector, ideally with international links
- A bachelor's degree
- Connecting with others
- Working together
- Being accountable
2nd September, 2011
How to apply
Read through the role profile
and behaviours document
. Download and complete the application form
Completed application forms should be submitted via email to Fposts@ng.britishcouncil.org
with subject "Application for the job of Arts Manager" on 2 September 2011.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. We do not accept CV's, handwritten applications or expressions of interest.
Click here for more information