ABT Associates Inc
is a mission-driven global leader in research and program implementation in the fields of health, social and environment policy and international development.
Known for its rigorous approach to solving complex challenges, ABT Associates has multiple offices in the U.S. and program offices in nearly 40 countries. ABT Associates is committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Strengthening Private Sector Family Planning/RH services (SPSFP/RH), a USAID Nigeria private sector FP/RH project being implemented by ABT Associates Inc. is seeking candidates for the following positions:
1.) Reproductive Health / Family Planning Trainer
Supervisor: Senior RH/FP Technical Director
- Under the direct supervision of the Senior RH/FP Technical Director, the Lagos-based Technical Specialist /Reproductive Health/Family Planning (RH/FP) Trainer:
- Identifies priority interventions to address the gaps in RH/FP services of private providers in Nigeria Helps identify opportunities to increase knowledge and use of RH/FP products and services at all levels of the health sector.
- Coordinates with the Program and M&E teams on the design, implementation, and monitoring of RH/FP interventions
- Strengthens skills development of private providers and enhance their knowledge about importance of counseling in RH/FP interventions
- Develops and manages a system to evaluate RH/FP training courses, course content, trainers' performance, and course progress.
- Collects the necessary inputs and data for the RH/FP component required to draft the quarterly and annual progress reports
2.) Program Officer (2 positions)
- Master's Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Health Administration, or other relevant field
- At least 6 years of work experience in public health with demonstrated knowledge and understanding of RH/FP issues
- Significant experience with donor funded international health programs in Nigeria
- Experience in management and coordination of field activities, and clinical experience is desired Advanced written/oral skills in English
Lagos and Kaduna
Supervisor: Chief of Party (Lagos); Kaduna Regional Manager (Kaduna)
The Technical Specialist/Program Officer assists the supervisor in the management and implementation of the project's activities in Lagos, Edo, Abia (Lagos) or Kaduna, Kano, Nassarawa (Kaduna).
Specific tasks include:
- Technical backstopping to all project activities in the region including: strategies to expand delivery and increase use of quality private sector RH/FP counseling and services, facilitate regional private sector participation in policy dialogue, collaboration, and partnerships between the public and private health sectors
- Coordinating closely with the supervisor to support the design and implementation of project activities, work plans and budget in the region
- Manage the design and implementation of work plan activities involving: behavior change communication, forming an enabling policy environment for the private sector, NGO/provider association sustain ability and knowledge of the private sector
- Assist with the planning and attend regional meetings
- Report on assigned project activities and results through project summaries, success stories and other types of written reports such as trip reports, quarterlies and annual reports.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Business, or other relevant field
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the health sector, preferably in the private sector or related to family planning, reproductive health, access to finance, clinical training, and behavior change communication
- Strong organizational and computer proficiency skills
- Experience with donor funded international health programs in Nigeria highly desirable, USAID experience preferable
- Willing and able to travel between Lagos, Edo, and Abia and proficient in Yoruba and pidgin English, (Lagos) or Kaduna, Kano and Nassarawa and proficient in Hausa (Kaduna)
- Advanced written/oral skills in English
3.) Finance &Admin Officer (2 Positions)
Lagos and Kaduna
Supervisor: Senior Finance Manager/Kaduna Regional Manager
The Finance & Admin officer is responsible for all accounting processes of the SHOPS/Nigeria Office in accordance with ABT Associates and ABT Development Foundation (ADF) established financial policies and procedures.
Specific responsibilities include tIle following:
- Communicating effectively with the supervisor( s) regarding contract documents, change orders, and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services related to billing.
- Reviewing all payments to be made at the state level for completeness, appropriateness, authorization and availability of funds.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of all state books of account under the supervision of the SFM
- Supporting the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual state financial/expense reports including bank and cash reconciliations to be submitted to the SFM.
- Preparing final invoice packages for approval by the COP and SFM, containing draft and final invoices for all billable expenditures and including all required backup documentation.
- Handling the timely preparation and submission of taxes due and filing of tax returns, while ensuring that contracts are issued to clients in compliance with HR guidelines at the state level.
- Working closely with the SFM to provide technical team members with advice on activity budgets, relative to procurement of goods and services invoicing and reimbursable expenses, while maintaining a continuous line of communication to clear any financial issues.
- Assisting all project staff to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash and other spending in the course of implementing activities that are in line with the work plans.
- Reviewing staff timesheets on a weekly and monthly basis, ensuring timeliness, correctness, and compliance with policies and procedures of Abt Associates.
- Preparing balance sheet account reconciliation, as directed by the SFM and with approval of the COP.
- Providing support for annual audits, which may include research and reconciliation.
4.) Office Assistant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of professional accounting experience, preferably in a development work setting.
- Proficient communication, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated self-management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in Microsoft word processing, spread sheets and accounting software, with knowledge of Quicken software or other accounting platform, a plus.
- Knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills desirable.
- Strong service orientation and ability to work effectively in a challenging and diverse socio-economic and environment.
- strong organizational skills desirable.
- Strong service orientation and ability to work effectively in a challenging and diverse socio-economic and cultural environment.
Supervisor: Kaduna Regional Manager
The Office Assistant under the direction of the Kaduna Regional Manager, provides a variety of administrative and logistical sup-port to the SHOPS/Nigeria Office in Kaduna.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Performing routine maintenance chores around the office.
- Checking and replenishing stock in supply cupboards, bathrooms and kitchen on a daily basis and informing the Regional Manager of purchasing requirements.
- Providing beverage service (tea, coffee, water) for guests and staff
- Serving as the initial point of contact for the SHOPS pro gram's administrative and logistical operations in Kaduna.
- Acting as the Receptionist, meeting, greeting and guiding clients and visitors to the office.
- Answers and transfers telephone calls to the office.
- Performing general clerical duties, such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing systems for the office.
- Secondary School completion (minimum)
- 2 years experience in office assistance or other relevant work.
- Ability to communicate in English, is desirable.
- Proficient in the use and application of Microsoft office and telephone protocol.
5.) Driver (2 positions)
Lagos and Kaduna
Supervisor:Senior Finance Manager/Kaduna Regional Manager
Based at the SHOPS/Nigeria Office, the Driver performs the operations, maintenance, and management of project vehicles, including routine maintenance, registration, tagging, and tax exemptions, as well as providing transportation for project activities for the SHOPS/Nigeria team. As needed, the Driver performs office support tasks, as requested by the project. Specific tasks include:
Project Vehicles Tasks:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within and outside of Lagos/Kaduna for project activities, including official site visits.
- Establish record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs; observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in-country traffic laws
- Responsible for maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around Lagos/Kaduna, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from USAID, general office.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence.
- In general, perform any other tasks as designated by the supervisor.
- Valid Nigerian Driver's License.
- At least 5 years prior experience in commercial driving.
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Lagos/Kaduna and other key cities;
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- Good command of English language skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
20th October, 2011
Method of Application
1. Send an email application to: email@example.com
2. Use the position /location applied for as the subject title
3. Attach a cover note addressed to Chief of Party, shop Nigeria, #1, Bola Cresent Anthony Village, Lagos
4. Attach a copy of your resume/CV
5. Application deadline is 20th October, 2011.