Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
, with Head Office in Abuja, is seeking qualified, skilled, and energetic individuals to fill the vacant positions of Macro-Prudential Analyst (Deputy Director), Senior Economists (Managers – Senior Managers) in the Financial Policy and Regulation, Monetary Policy, Research, Statisticsand Development Finance Departments of the Bank.
The ideal candidates must be Nigerian nationals with strong leadership qualities, analytical, writing and presentation skills, and established track records in academia, banking, or consulting in relevant industry.
They must also have a strong working knowledge of modern research techniques.
SENIOR ECONOMISTS AND PRINCIPAL ECONOMISTS: MONETARY POLICY, RESEARCH, STATISTICS AND DEVELOPMENT FINANCE DEPARTMENTS
Job Role: Manager – Senior Manager
This position requires top-rank economists with cutting edge competencies in Monetary Economics, Open-economy Macroeconomics, Financial Economics/Financial Econometrics, Econometrics/Economic modeling including DSGE modeling, and International Economics (Exchange Rate Economics and Trade/Policy). The candidates will play leading roles in policy-oriented research that helps to design/formulate monetary policy.Reports to the Assistant Director.
- Conduct in-depth studies on monetary and financial sector policies, including macroeconomic impact analysis.
- Conceptualize and implement the Bank’s monetary and financial policies.
- Participate in production processes of the secretariat of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
- Participate in the preparation of the MPC Economic Report.
- Participate in Review Teams that will promptly identify weakness/problems in current practices and propose appropriate corrective policies.
- Display expertise in Forecasting and Scenario Analysis.
- Achieve effective coordination between Monetary and Fiscal Policy.
- Monitor the Implementation of Monetary Policy actions.
- Produce research papers to be published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Present research findings in CBN as well as external seminars.
- Attend to ad-hoc assignments from the Director, MPD/Research/statistics, on monetary policy and related issues.
- Interface with Multilateral and Bilateral Organizations, such as the IMF, World Bank, WAMI, ECOWAS etc.
Qualification and Experience:
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics, Statistics or Finance and a proven ability to perform the tasks required by the position.
- 6 years cognate experience in economic and policy research, of which 3 years should be at middle management level (for the Senior Economist Positions).
- Records of outstanding publication in Economics, Statistics, Finance and related disciplines with a minimum of 8 research papers, out of which at least 4 must have been published in reputable journals (for Principal Economists) and 6 papers out of which at least 3 must have been published in reputable journal (for Senior Economists).
- Membership of the Nigerian Economic Society and/or other similar professional bodies.
- Conducts analytical & policy research
- Conducts financial programming
- Demonstrates expertise in policy issues in the real sector
- Conducts macroeconomic consistency checks
- Demonstrates expertise in Statistics and Database applications
- Demonstrates expertise in Econometrics
- Demonstrates expertise in spreadsheet applications
- Results Oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Good written and communication ability
- Team working ability
- Information Seeking
- Sound administrative and managerial ability
21st October, 2011 (5 pm).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online