Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Government Organizations implementing programs for improving Reproductive Health. HIV/Aids, TB and Mal; prevention, care and treatment, and social marketing etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for Career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. As a result of growth in organization, we seek applications from highly motivated, experienced and qualified candidates of variety of positiol1s in Global Fund and DFID funded projects as follows:
1.) Director, Programmes (Abuja)
- Develop fundable proposals and provide technical assistance on proposal and project development
- Lead the implementation of all HIV/AIOS. Tuberculosis, Malaria, Sexual and Reproductive Health related programmes/projects of the organization.Lead the production of programmatic and M&E reports and ensure timely submission of complete a effective documentations and reports to the Executives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Lead and maintain contact with government agencies, donors. partners and other stakeholders on behalf of the organization.
- Plan, organize, conduct and evaluate trainings and participate in the review and development of training materials
- Provide technical assistance in project implementation and assign responsibilities to staff, taking into cognizance skills and ability of such staff to perform up to expectation
- Coordinate manpower and other organizational development activities
- Perform advocacy responsibilities. and coordinate fund raising activities in the organization
- Support the Executives in planning and implementing specific and general organizational development and promotional activities. e.g. Strategic Plan, disseminating organizational information, etc.
2.) Procurement and Supply Management Specialist (Abuja) TB-GF8
- Applicants must possess a medical background. with additional qualifications such as MPH and/or PhD Social Sciences.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of ten years experience with national or international or government agencies in the field of HIV/AlDS/TB/Malaria/SRH.
- The candidate should have strong interpersonal communication skills, excellent written and spoken English Language are proficiency in the use of Computer application.
- Evidence of strong leadership and institutional capacil strengthening skill in the previous employment will be an added advantage.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction and take a lead in Strengthening Procurement and Supply Management systems of ARFH (HIV, TB and Malaria) in order to meet organization and international standard
- Prepare procurement related documentation (e.g. pre-qualification, bidding, specifications, bid evaluation reports. terms of reference, letters of invitation, request for proposals. and draft contract for all procurement works, goods and services related to projects.
- Take a lead in processing delivery document e.g. duty waiver
- Prepare the project procurement and supply management plan in close consultation with Project Management Units
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of procurement activities
- Maintain inventory of health/non-health commodities received and distributed and prepare periodic, progress reports on health/non-health commodity distribution to fat designated sites
- Monitor efficient documentation of activities at warehouses at designated zones, states and sites.
- Build capacity of the PSM Unit and institutionalize internationally recognized best practices in PSM.
- Ensure that quality control is carried out on health commodities in accordance with national and international standard
- Carry out other responsibilities as advised by Director of Finance and Administration.
3.) Project Manager, Youth Access (Abuja)
- Applicants must possess a B.Sc. Pharm. or Health Science degree. Professional certification postgraduate degrees in procurement and supply management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years; experience in the management of international procurement and supply’s chain management function
- Candidates must be familiar with government and international donor agencies rules and regulations, a proficiency in inventory management software.
- Understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations a knowledge of national TB, HIV and Malaria programmes is an added advantage.
- Also required are stN analytical and problem solving skills with excellent computer proficiency; advanced knowledge Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and statistical software like Epi Info and SPSS.
Highly motivated and experienced individual to manage Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health focus, project in four States, namely; Niger, Benue, Jigawa and Kastina States,
- Create and maintain project plan that communicates tasks deadlines. status and track project milestone and deliverables
- Coordinate efforts of the consortium and create environment for the team members to function effectively
- Facilitate efficient communication between organizations in the consortium
- Implement systems that enhance project performance (quality, timeliness and cost)
- Ensure availability and allocation of all resources required to meet project requirements an expectations and ensure that grant funds are expended in effective and efficient manner
- Collate and review reports from project team and ensure that reports correctly reflects the performance, on the field
- Participate effectively in the design and implementation of strategic plan and policies at National and State levels
- Mentor, motivate and supervise project team members to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Set performance objectives for project staff and carry out mid-term and end of the year appraisal
- Prepare financial forecast in collaboration with the Finance Officer
- Applicants must possess a degree in medical or social sciences. A Master's degree in Public Health 01 related field from a recognized institution will be an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working on adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) is required; and particularly youth programming in the Northern part of Nigeria.
- Interested candidate should have strong leadership and institutional capacity strengthening skills.
- Also required is strong analytical, conceptualization and interpersonal communication skills with excellent written and spoken English Language.
- High level of proficiency in the use of computer applications and statistical software such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SPSS are desirable.
The salaries attached to these positions are competitive.
20th October, 2011
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications that fail to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.