is a leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Careers in MTN Nigeria is focused on the strategic development of talent in line with the key business imperative of ensuring continuity through our key source of competitive advantage, our people.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the following positions:
Job Title: Banking Services Advisor
Normal MTN N working conditions. Extended working hours as may be required.
Reporting To: Banking & Treasury Manager
Employment Status: Permanent
- Monitor bank tariffs and price book for bank charges.Collate and analyse data on cash movements, bank charges, interest rates, exchange rate movements, placements.
- Monitor sweeps from the various sub accounts to main accounts for compliance
- Set up and manage MTN bank accounts
- Ensure credit interest is properly computed and applied as agreed by the various banks every month.
- Ensure that escalated compliance issues and complaints relating to the Banking services are followed up.
- Monitor and report on the quality of banking services by banks
- Review banking service level agreements(SLA) in line with changes in the banking environment
- Obtain and cascade feedback/recommendation from banks on service issues and standards
- Conduct first level review and recommendation of bank proposals before further review by Treasury Manager.
- Query and verify all General Ledger balances relating to bank accounts
- Liaise with MTNN banks on immediate service issues
- Advise on banking products strictly with relevance to MTNN business.
- Identify banking service gaps across business units that interface with banks
- Maintain Treasury records and audit trail in strict compliance to MTNN policies and procedures.
- Implement Treasury policies, processes, and procedures
- Provide banking reports for year-end audit as relates to Treasury
- Provide support to management staff within the department as required
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation meeting
- A first degree or HND Diploma in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline.
- A full qualification/membership in a professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACT, CFA)
- 4 years work experience including:
- At least 2 years experience in a financial environment in treasury, banking
- Familiarity with good accounting practices and the Nigerian policy environment.
- Extensive bank reconciliation experience
- Audit, compliance and/or internal control experience
- Knowledge of banking processes and products.
- Customer service or performance management experience will be an added advantage
- A first degree or HND Diploma in Accounting, Economics or any Finance related discipline. A full qualification/membership in a professional accounting association (ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ACT, CFA).
2nd November, 2011
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online