Oando Nigeria Plc
is seeking to employ Barge Masters.
Vacancy Title: Barge Master
Department: Rig Operations
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all marine aspects of the rig's operations are carried out in accordance to statutory and regulatory controls and guidelines.
- Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure the safe and efficient running of the rig.
- Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions - advise OIM on conditions likely to affect drilling operations and seaworthiness of the rig. Authority I
- Ensure that accurate calculation of load distribution and weights for daily stability reports are maintained. Authority I
- Coordinate all helicopter and supply boats traffic supervise movement of materials and personnel to and from the rig. Authority I Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ensure all navigation equipment is properly maintained and ready for use at all times. Authority I
- Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water, et cetera. Authority I
- Ensure that cranes are in safe working condition. Authority I
- Ensure all safety equipment, including lifeboats and fire-fighting equipment is maintained in a state of operational readiness at all times. Authority I
- Actively participate in the daily operations meeting with the OIM and other rig department heads. Authority I
- Operate and maintain the bulk system as required. Authority II
- Supervise tests on fire fighting equipment, obstacle lighting and audible signals. Authority II
- Ensure all lifting gears are inspected and certified, correctly color coded,maintained, and stowed properly. Authority II
- Prepare and supervise rig move plans, anchor patterns, and associated mobilization preparations. Authority II
- For jack up rigs, prepare the pre-load calculations and carry out jacking operations taking note of weather and sea conditions. Authority II Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ensure that daily marine logs are accurate and completed. Forward copies of these reports to the shore-base office. Authority II
- Ensure that all Flag State, Classification Society, statutory regulation, and minimum manning requirements are complied with. Authority II
- Coordinate and supervise periodic inspections of the rig’s structure, including hull compartments and critical joints. Authority II
- Assist in the effective management of the Preventive Maintenance System and ensure all records are properly maintained. Authority II
- Supervise the operation and maintenance of pollution control system. Authority II
- Prepare Job Safety Analysis for hazardous marine operations. Authority I
- Ensure that the Company QHSE policies and other programs are communicated to and understood by all rig personnel. Authority I
- Play an active part in the weekly meetings, Quality Improvement Plan
- program, and all other Company safety management systems. Authority I
- Review, understand and become familiar with the rig’s safety case. Authority I
- Ensure new arrivals receive a full safety briefing and induction on the rig. Authority I
- Ensure a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping is maintained onboard the rig. Authority I
- Coordinate weekly emergency drills along with monitoring and evaluating the deck crew responses. Authority II
- Perform assigned duties during emergency situations and emergency protection responses as designated on the station bill. Authority II
DEFINITION OF DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Meets the training requirements as per the applicable training matrix. Authority I
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work at their next job level. Authority II
- Ensure proper and relevant communication with all personnel. Authority I Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Conduct on the job (OJT) training for subordinates. Authority I
- Maintain discipline onboard and ensure compliance with Company and regulatory disciplinary procedures. Authority I
- Ensure all marine department personnel receive annual performance appraisal. Recommend promotion or disciplinary action up to and including discharge. Authority I
Authority I: To act.
Authority II: To act but inform supervisor and/or other interested parties.
Authority III: To obtain supervisor’s approval before acting.
Note: The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide as tasks and objectives can change on needs.
Prerequisite / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the drilling unit.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates.
7th February, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
We noticed that candidates try to login to the Oando career portal as if they are logging to their email portal with the email and password of their email addresses. Candidates must register first with Oando Career portal before application. if you have registered before, just login when the page opens, otherwise just click "Click here to Register" at the Oando Career Portal. Registration is free.