AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN)
is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of HIV and AIDS prevention, treatment and care services. APIN's operating experience in Nigeria dates back t2000, when the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) initiated HIV/AIDS research and prevention initiatives in Nigeria, under funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. APIN has demonstrated robust programs in evidence-based HIV/AIDS prevention with more than 30 collaborating governmental and non-governmental partners. APIN supports three broad health-related areas: service delivery (programs); training; monitoring, evaluation, and research.
APIN is recruiting tfill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Database Programmer
The position holder will lead the database management team to support the maintenance of existing database platforms and tdevelop new ones tmeet new donor data reporting requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Support the maintenance of existing programme databases and utilities on the file maker Pro platform
- Lead the design of new database utilities on the File maker Pro platform in response to programme needs
- Design new database applications and utilities on other platforms apart from File maker Prin response to programme needs. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Design and implement in conjunction with other members of the strategic information team; capacity building plans for data managers of subcontractor sites
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of data cleaning strategies at the central office and subcontractor sites
A degree in the Physical Sciences or Engineering with professional certifications in database management software (DBMS) like SQL, Delphi, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL; a second degree in Information Technology/Computer Science will be an added advantage; at least 5 years cognate work experience, three (3) of which must be in creating scripts in a development environment, testing scripts in a quality assurance environment and implementing large updates on databases.
Technical and Behavioural Competencies
The ideal job holder is expected tpossess the following competencies:
- Ability to provide technical support in developing and maintain database applications
- Ability tmaintain relational databases, including backup and recovery, schedule jobs, problem diagnosis, perform tuning, implement data models and database design.
- Ability to translate business/process requirements intstructured programming. He or she must be able to think logically and be able to communicate clearly with other members of the database management team.
- Ability tresolve database capacity issues. Copied from: www.hotnigerianjobs.com
- Ability twork under pressure and easy adaptability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability twork with diverse person groups
- Willingness to a considerable amount of local travel
14th February, 2012
Mode of Application
Qualified and interested applicants should:
Click here to apply online
APIN offers very competitive terms of employment and is an equal opportunity employer. Women whare qualified for the position are therefore encouraged to apply.