International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), is an international non-profit research-for-deveolopment (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture.
We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists fromabout 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute's Headquarters, Ibadan.
Job Title: Secretary (2-year renewable Contract)
Successful candidate will among other things:
- Manage YIIFSWA Project Secretariat, understake typing of correspondence, reports, manuscripts, handling telephone, fax, e-mail, mail, photocopying, etc.
- Comply with IITA's standard operational procedures in respect of administration and finance for all YIIFSWA Project activities.
- Organise, maintain and reqularly update the administrative and finance filing systems including correspondences (both electronic and hard copies).
- Assist the YIIFSWA Project Management Team in all matters relating to organisation of meetings and workshops.
- Arrange travel logistics for Project Management Team and visitors
- Liaise with respective IITA Units for procurement of supplies, communication, accounting and finance matters.
- Organise and supervise cash payments (Petty cash) as well as casual labour if any Undertake any other administrative and finance related tasks assigned by the Management Team.
Qualification and Experience
- National Diploma in Secretarail Studies or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years Secretariat Management experience in a reputable organization.
The ideal candidate must
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a cross cultural setting.
- Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
20th March, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here