invites application to fill the post of Zonal Coordinator: Security Operations - West Central - Akure.
Job Title: Zonal Coordinator: Security Operations
Reporting To: Manager: Regional Security Operations
West Central - Akure
To effectively handle all security operational activities, liaise and manage relations with government security agencies, community activities and contractors in order to minimize disruptions and ensure continuity of business operations in the zone.
Motivate and manage Security resources at the zone to ensure safety and security of Airtel's assets and machinery.
Ensure effective liaison and relationship with community leader and zonal indigenes and residents in the entire North
- Prioritizes the allocation of security resources to high-risk, high impact issues
- Proactive and holistic enhancement of security across the Zone.
- Overall responsibility for the Security Infrastructures in the Zone.
- Coordinate Security operational activities at the zone to ensure constant presence of guards at Airtel's locations
- Oversee and supervise site-specific security procedures within the zone
- Performance evaluation for the various security service providers within the zone
- Regular interface between central security and the zone
Effective and proactive Claims and Liabilities Management
- Serves as primary security contact in the Zone and ensure adequate planning and provision of resources for appropriate security initiatives
- Anticipate and meet the challenges/needs of Airtel Networks stakeholders, including employees, contractors, communities, partners and service companies; manage security service delivery with internal business Groups
- Works with Business Groups to prepare security strategy and ensure most cost effective service delivery.
- Communicate security issues and initiatives to business Groups and key stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Proactively work with Government Agencies, including Police and Military to define and clarify roles, responsibilities and ensure that these Agencies’ actions are consistent with Airtel Networks standards
- Effective and efficient supervision of Security Service Providers in the Zone.
- Ensure smooth communication and cordial relationship between company and host landlords, leaders and council of elders
- Address community relation issues arising from time to time with communities hosting operational and proposed sites
- Periodically survey host communities for the purpose of intelligence gathering and identifying relevant interest groups and principal personalities within such groups.
- Sensitize host communities of company’s social development programmes and its potential benefits to the communities
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Crisis management and planning
- Builds relationship with business Groups, identify and anticipate their needs.
- Generate periodic reports and maintain database of past, current and potential community issues, threats, demands and activities.
- Identifying and advising on potential claim and liabilities and taking pre-emptive action to avoid such claims or liabilities
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the humanities (Legal background will be an added advantage)
- Possession of a post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage
- Initiative, business management and decisiveness skills
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
- 10 – 12 years post qualification experience in the various areas of Security Profession with a specialization in Operations, Intelligence and Surveillance, among others
- Previous experience /membership of the Nigerian Police Force or any arm of the Military or State Security Service is highly essential
- Membership of both Local and International Security Association is compulsory
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication, as well as presentation skills
- Must be a team player, confident, consistent and decisive in resolving security issues
- Must be loyal and highly committed to achieving Organization objectives and equally be willing to work at odd hours
- Ability to adapt in a rapidly changing business setting, and excel in a collaborative team environment.
24th April, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Sometimes it is difficult tracing back cherished posts. Now it is as easy as saving Favourite Posts and retrieving them by simply clicking My Favourite Posts
at the top login bar. To enable us match your favourite posts with your name, you need to register a free account with hotnigerianjobs.com. You can use your facebook to Register or Login, just click the facebook button below:
OR, use our system to Login by Clicking here
or Register by Clicking here