South Atlantic Petroleum Limited (SAPETRO) is an indigenous Oil exploration and Production Company, whose vision is to be the best indigenous Oil Company, striving to build a better Nigeria. SA PETRO seeks top talent Nigerians to enable her achieve this vision.
Job Title: Senior Reservoir Engineer
To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek a talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individual as Senior Reservoir Engineer
The role comprises of undertaking and leading reservoir engineering studies and providing peer & mentorship support to colleagues and new-Hire engineers. A Senior Reservoir Engineer will have considerable experience and may be recognized as a peer expert internally.
Reports To: Production/Petroleum Engineering Manager
1. Carry out reservoir engineering studies independently.
2. Develop reservoir engineering workflows.
3. Manage reservoir engineering projects and lead the reservoir engineering element of integrated projects.
4. Provide reservoir engineering peer review/assist to Synergize projects within a multi-disciplinary team.
5. Support the development of less experienced Reservoir Engineers.
6. To monitor initial production rates to ensure wells are brought in and produced at optimum rates.
7. To prepare a detailed program for DST analysis or Production Well Test studies, and execute same on the rig.
8. To scope, manage and/or carry out complex reservoir engineering analyses independently.
- Minimum of 2nd Class Honors (Upper division) University degree in Engineering or a Science Discipline such as Geology, Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in Reservoir Engineering.
- An M.Sc in Petroleum Engineering or Reservoir Engineering would be an advantage.
- Good problem-solving skills, an ability to solve unusual problems and being able to tap into expert resources across the organization and professional community.
- Competence in key reservoir engineering skill areas, with capabilities in one or more specialist skill areas.
- Must have an appreciation and understanding of the full cycle of oil field development with a working knowledge of integrated projects, uncertainty, risk and oil field economics.
- Independent application of key and specialist reservoir engineering skills.
- Capable of independent work and management of reservoir engineering projects.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver technical presentations.
- Ability to mentor and coach less-experienced Reservoir Engineers to a high technical standard.
- Ability to follow through on an assignment to completion with unreserved recognition for stewardship.
- Well organized individual with strong interpersonal skills and good attention to details without losing sight of the overview and with ability to work to deadlines.
Application Closing Date
17th May, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs (Microsoft Word Format) as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
on or before Thursday 17th May 2012. Email subject title should be 'Senior Reservoir Engineer - SA003'.